• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Paper 1 (1 Viewer)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Hey I was just wondering that bcoz standard nd advnced do the same first section of paper 1 together nd are marked the same, does anybody feel disadvantaged?
Like, do advanced students learn things that could b in that section, that standard students dont?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by blue_chameleon
Hey I was just wondering that bcoz standard nd advnced do the same first section of paper 1 together nd are marked the same, does anybody feel disadvantaged?
Like, do advanced students learn things that could b in that section, that standard students dont?
it is by far impossible in the marking process to be disadvantaged, the markers cannot determine which student number does advance, so this stage is really when they seperate the worse students in advance and the good students in standard.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Wot about the fact that the advanced students get taught different things in their course, some could say its the first section would be easier 4 them than it would b for standard students.
The different information taught would have to give a level of advantage to the advanced students........ wouldnt it?
:confused:

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by blue_chameleon
Wot about the fact that the advanced students get taught different things in their course, some could say its the first section would be easier 4 them than it would b for standard students.
The different information taught would have to give a level of advantage to the advanced students........ wouldnt it?
:confused:
We get taught equally, perhaps the students in advanced grasp the concepts of doing sections quicker than us, some students are lucky in a sense that they have good teachers as well... so it all depends but there's no intentional disadvantages drawn between the advanced and standard people.

kamankitty

kamankitty
HSC
N/A
i reckon we are disadvantage from paper 1!
they should set a different paper, since the standard people are doing a compelety different course!

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by kamankitty
i reckon we are disadvantage from paper 1!
they should set a different paper, since the standard people are doing a compelety different course!
Not quite, the AOS would really be able to distinguish between the good english students, perhaps a student is good at comprehension and creative writing in standard while the english adv sucked at it, that can really show alot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)