• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Parc Assesment (1 Viewer)

moogie101

HSC
Hey guys..

I got a practical assesment coming up, and i was wondering.. what sort of experiments should i expect?..

cheers

*edit* sorry guys, i just noticed i wrote parc instead of prac hehe

Last edited:

rhia

salty
HSC
familiarise yourself with the syllabus, which outlines the practicals that you are required to have undertaken in the 'students: ...' section.

they include:

- plan, choose equipment or resources and perform a first-hand investigation to model natural selection

- perform a first-hand investigation or gather information from secondary sources (including photographs/ diagrams/models) to observe, analyse and compare the structure of a range of vertebrate forelimbs

- perform an investigation to construct pedigrees or family trees, trace the inheritance of selected characteristics and discuss their current use

- process information from secondary sources to construct a model that demonstrates meiosis and the processes of crossing over, segregation of chromosomes and the production of haploid gametes

- identify data sources and perform aa first handrst-hand investigation to demonstrate the effect of environment on phenotype

- perform a first-hand investigation or process information from secondary sources to develop a simple model for polypeptide synthesis

- processs information to constructa flow chart that shows that changes in DNA sequences can result in changes in cell activity

some of those might not be considered practicals? but that will give you a heads up, at least.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)