• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Parking at UTS (1 Viewer)

Clutch.

HSC
I know this is very very wishful thinking, but is there anywhere close and relativley cheap to park at UTS?

I know there are stacks of parks along Broadway, but how long can you stay there and do they go pretty early?

It's just that with all these half days I'll be spending the same amount of time at uni as I will on public transport getting there and back.

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
Isnt there a parking lot right next to building 10 :) ?? Not sure of the cost, I'm sure someone else will know though

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
thought it was $11 a day or something. i could be wrong.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Broadway Shopping Centre is $8.50 for students all day from 6am-12am. Market City Shopping Centre (and the UTS Union Carpark oppposite it) is $9 for students all day. Most street parking around UTS is $2.20 per hour (but only a maximum of 2 hours and there are heaps of street inspectors always checking your tickets).

Parking lot next to Building 10 and also under Building 10 is $12 for students all day (underground one you have to fill in a special form to get the $12).

unistudent

HSC
Clutch. said:
I know this is very very wishful thinking, but is there anywhere close and relativley cheap to park at UTS?

I know there are stacks of parks along Broadway, but how long can you stay there and do they go pretty early?

It's just that with all these half days I'll be spending the same amount of time at uni as I will on public transport getting there and back.

hmm.. how much are your bus tickets all up?

but then you also have to count the cost of gas.

unistudent

HSC
question,

if you drive to uni on a normal day what are your chances of getting a spot in these parking lots? do they fill up fast?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Street parking usually gets busy by about 9:30am and you'll have to drive around a fair bit to find one at other times. The Building 10 carparks also get full by around that time and so does the UTS Union Haymarket carpark. Broadway Shopping Centre and Market City carparks shouldn't be a problem anytime of day. I usually park at Broadway, as its the cheapest option and closest to UTS as well. Whenever I've gone there, I'll pretty much always found a spot at anytime of day, even if I had to park on the rooftop, which wasn't too often. Obviously, you can drive around the other levels and look for a spot, but I tend to go for my usual spots on the top few levels. I personally only drive if I'm going home late, otherwise I would catch the train. The train is much faster during peak hour and cheaper as well.

Logistics

HSC
I drove few times to the city and I have always said it

Sydney + city + car = not a good idea

But if you have no other choice than what can you do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)