• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

pass all assessments to pass a course? (1 Viewer)

stephrulz

HSC
N/A
i was just wondering whether or not we have to pass all assessments to pass the whole course. i just failed an assessment for a language-it was listening-but will easily get a credit if all our marks are simply added up and scaled for our final mark. Also if we do fail the course, it there any chance of an exam resit so we don't have to repeat the course becuase it seems like such a waste.
thanks in advance.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
in general, no you won't fail as long as your total mark is 50 +. How much was the assessment worth?

Sometimes, for units, such as ECOP1001, it does not require you to pass all your assessments, but does require for your total mark to be above 50% AND for you to get at least 40% in the final exam.

stephrulz

HSC
N/A
thanks. i can breathe a little easier now. Couldn't find it anywhere in the course outline and it was only worth 10%.

bustinjustin

HSC
stephrulz said:
thanks. i can breathe a little easier now. Couldn't find it anywhere in the course outline and it was only worth 10%.
Last semester in French, my friend failed an assessment, worth only 20% (they all were). However, he performed well enough in the other 4 assessments for him to pass, but I actually can't confirm this because he left and went off to Canada! But I'm pretty sure he passed even though he failed that one miserable listening test, like you did.

Generator

HSC
N/A
stephrulz said:
Chief, don't consider yourself safe merely because someone on BOS said that that may be the case. Contact the lecturer or the tutor and get a unit-specific response.

stephrulz

HSC
N/A
Generator said:
Chief, don't consider yourself safe merely because someone on BOS said that that may be the case. Contact the lecturer or the tutor and get a unit-specific response.
i actually did that on friday. i am safe. he said we just have to get over 50 for the whole course. i am quite happy about that, especially since i have been going quite well in the course. on friday we got back another speaking assessment and i was only 1 mark of a HD. it would have been extremely dissapointing to have failed because of that one small test. i guess i have learned my lesson know. i know i will have to work twice as hard at listening next time!

Skeeta

HSC
yeah i failed an assessment worth 10% and even though my scaled mark was 75+ i had to re-sit the course

but looks like you're sweet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)