• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

payslip (1 Viewer)

dYnaMiC7

HSC
So i went to work today only to get last weeks payslip. I also managed to get my payslips for the past month and half whilst i was there. What was funny was that they never took any money off for "tax" until last weeks pay slip (thats why i got my paysplips, my bank account balance just didnt add up). Anyhow, does anyone know why they have only started taking the 'tax' money now and not before. Could it be a mistake. Im 18, and started working last November. This is my first job. Thank you.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
You are exempt from tax for the week if ur gross earning is below $117.

Otherwise, they just haven't bothered calculating the taxes so you probably have to pay some payments to the "ato".

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
dont matter, when you get the group certificate youll have to pay the govt back. and their scum, so claim everything.

dYnaMiC7

HSC
What about if i earnt say not even 3k since November. From what I have seen, you have to earn at least 6k, before they start taking tax from you! Is the 1st of July the time where everyones account thing restarts or is it form 1st of jan to 31st dec. thank you.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
financial year is 1st july to 30th june. I tried doing that etax thing, god there has to be over hundreds of questions u have to answer.

A

adamsaclown

dYnaMiC7 said:
What about if i earnt say not even 3k since November. From what I have seen, you have to earn at least 6k, before they start taking tax from you! Is the 1st of July the time where everyones account thing restarts or is it form 1st of jan to 31st dec. thank you.
Yeah but if they expect you'll earn more than that within the year, they take tax off you, I think its known as PAYG (Pay as you go).... then at the end of the financial year if you've not earnt this much, you can claim it back.

http://www.ato.gov.au/youth/content...13/012/002/003&mnu=11331&mfp=001/013&st=&cy=1

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)