PD: Ottawa Charter (2 Viewers)

sannous1

HSC
Im writing an essay for the ottawa charter about nutrition, and if we have to answer questions which relate to the five actions.

Anywayz my conclusion, i have to say how the ottawa charter will improve our country's nutritional status, by applying the areas of the ottawa charter.

A little help

bored of sc

HSC
Developing Personal Skills: an increase of information (through various resources such as education, the media etc) is vital in one's struggle for good nutrition. One needs the knowledge of nutrition (e.g. nutrient groups) to apply to real life situations such as when grocery shopping (choosing healthier options, reading labels etc) and when eating for specific purposes (e.g. sporting events, special occasions etc). It is this increase of life skills that autonomy (self-reliance) develops which consequently results in a benefit to eating habits and ultimately, physical health.

An example is the healthy food pyramid. This diagramatic resource effectively sums up a balanced diet; one that incorporates a variety of nutrients in their relatively healthy proportions (with the breads, cereals, rice, grains, wholewheat foods at the bottom, fruit and vegetables next, meat/dairy/poultry/alternatives following and finally the high in fat, sugar and salty foods at the top of the pyramid). The pyramid has the potential to be a general yet (gives scope for personal choice) prescriptive outline for an individual's diet.

I will post up another action area tomorrow. :)

Oh, I just realised I didn't answer your question. Sorry.

In relation to your question:
Developing personal skills: if the above (the two chunky paragraphs above) can at least be increased by a decent proportion of the population the incidence and prevalence of lifestyle-related nutrition diseases have the possibly of decreasing (e.g. obesity, cardiovascular disease, anorexia, buliema, diverticular disease etc). Also, the good skills developed by the people of one generation have the potential to be learnt by the succeeding generation which in turn creates indeliable habits and social norms. Therefore, the nutritional status improves.
Creating Supportive Environments: if an individual's different social networks (e.g. workplaces, health services, schools, the media, families) have healthy environments one is more likely to live a nutrionally healthier lifestyle --> as it through constant, habitual exposure to these environments that certain perspectives and trends emerge; making good nutrition more than just a concept, but a reality.

More to come.

I'm not sure it answers the question. :s

Don't trust any of my ideas either, as I did not research them.

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
sannous1 said:
hello help anyone? :(
You waited only 20 minutes before you bumped the thread. Impatient much?

sannous1

HSC
Aerath said:
You waited only 20 minutes before you bumped the thread. Impatient much?
lol yep, its due 2morow and im stressing lol..

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
sannous1 said:
lol yep, its due 2morow and im stressing lol..
Haha - wish I could help - but I have no idea what it's about. Good luck. :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)