• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Penalty Rates (1 Viewer)

patty4848

HSC
Hi can someone please tell me what the penalty rates are over Easter... I work on the checkouts at Coles, and I'm working 5 hours easter saturday and 5 hours easter monday... Do i get any extra for either of them...

THanks

CieL

HSC
patty4848 said:
Hi can someone please tell me what the penalty rates are over Easter... I work on the checkouts at Coles, and I'm working 5 hours easter saturday and 5 hours easter monday... Do i get any extra for either of them...

THanks
Not 100% sure about the saturday, but on monday you will get 250%.

greekgun

HSC
Yay, im working both days and it doesnt affect me cause greek easter is like a month away.

G

Gavvvvvin

if were rostered on for friday/sunday do we still get paid even though the stores closed?

HSC
if you're part/full timer then yes. or if the stores closed but you still go to work there then yes.

HSC
babikakez said:
Does anyone have a worst Easter Sunday shift than me? 10-7. And its only normal sunday rates. Not happy.
is it (at woolies)? and here i was stoked about working easter sunday (10-2 though so not so bad) :( what about saturday (i have heard its 2.5x rate)?

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
watatank said:
is it (at woolies)? and here i was stoked about working easter sunday (10-2 though so not so bad) :( what about saturday (i have heard its 2.5x rate)?
Yeah. I got Sunday. I was hoping that it would be about 32 bucks - but then got told that it's not a public holiday.

Yet some people say it is.

Anywhere I can search for this?

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
That sucks.

Does anyone know why penalty rates can't be applied to Sundays?

Roga

HSC
ticky2002 said:
That sucks.

Does anyone know why penalty rates can't be applied to Sundays?
Because Sunday is already time and a half and also, 'Easter Sunday' is not an official public holiday.

Evilo

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
if were rostered on for friday/sunday do we still get paid even though the stores closed?
no.

EDIT - unless you re on fulltime salary, but you would still be expected to maintain x number of hours of work that week.

Peartie

HSC
Evilo said:
no.

EDIT - unless you re on fulltime salary, but you would still be expected to maintain x number of hours of work that week.

I'm PPT Wage and if I'm rostered on a day where the store is closed (as I was for Good Friday) I get my normal pay - ie no bonus time but just normal time pay for the hours of my rostered shift....BUT the boss can then ask you to work that day and then get a day in lieu (actually that can happen on any public holiday) where you get normal pay and then a day off later......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)