People and their nonsense about other schools (1 Viewer)

Aznmichael92

HSC
For the past two weeks, I've been listening to people at my tutoring place who talk about crap in regards to my school. They know barely anything and they go on talking about rumours.

For e.g. one of them said, "Fort Street co-ed so what? There is only like 10% of students being female"

I was like wtf r u talking about? There is at least 35% of students being female.

second example, "Fort Street is getting worse and worse. From rank 12th down to rank 16th. They are getting shitter and shitter."

My school actually did get more students receiving premiers award. It is just that other schools improved more significantly.

Has that happened to any of yous in regards to your school? It is not only my school that gets talked about. I am really annoyed as these girls know nothing about a school and they go on talking about crap.

EDIT
I dont think anyone gets what I am trying to say in this thread.

Last edited:

Aznmichael92

HSC
haha trust me, i am ignoring them. If i didnt, world war III (schools war I)would have started :D

m00

HSC
you think thats bad, my friend bags out my school's academic performance because its divided into two sections and you gotta cros the road to travel between them

but whats funny is that my school is over 100 ranks higher than his =)

Roga

HSC
theshortykatt said:
you have four options in my mind:

a) ignore it
b) set them straight kindly
c) set them straight not so kindly
d) knock em out
option d is a good one

lionking1191

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
My school actually did get more students receiving premiers award. It is just that other schools improved more significantly..
ahah if that year performed relatively worse than other schools, it's called getting worse.

but apart from that i completely agree, school bashing is completely lame and should be saved until after the hsc when u can afford to be an idiot..

runnable

HSC
theshortykatt said:
you have four options in my mind:

a) ignore it
b) set them straight kindly
c) set them straight not so kindly
d) knock em out
Yep... :hammer:

Aznmichael92

HSC
its not the best school in the state i agree but it's better than some schools

lionking1191 said:
ahah if that year performed relatively worse than other schools, it's called getting worse.

but apart from that i completely agree, school bashing is completely lame and should be saved until after the hsc when u can afford to be an idiot..
um as for this i dont think so really. It is like saying Person A first assessment was 80 but in their next assessment they got 85. Person B got 50 in their first assessment and in next assessment they got 75. How does that mean B is getting worse? B is improving by like hell but still got lower than person A.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
yes but the higher your marks are the harder it is to improve... especially in subjects like english.... so yes person B is improving but I would say their improvement isn't all that much more than the improvement of person A.

HSC
It's hilarious how conceited many of the people at the top sound. "OMG, down 4 ranks to 16th! That school's shit!" I've read that kind of crap so many times on BoS.

lionking1191

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:

um as for this i dont think so really. It is like saying Person A first assessment was 80 but in their next assessment they got 85. Person B got 50 in their first assessment and in next assessment they got 75. How does that mean B is getting worse? B is improving by like hell but still got lower than person A.

it doesn't matter what you actually get but if everyone else got better than you, than you are going to drop ranks...

ps. your analogy was incorrect since there was no improvement relative to the cohort

xJennax

HSC
That's pretty rude when people do that, especially when they say being ranked 16th is shit! Jeeze. Just ignore it. :p

undalay

HSC
Fort st is the best school in the area.

That being said, there are PLENTY of improvements that should take place.
(It's up to the students to take action).

Now if location was not a factor; I would say there are some other schools tickle my fancy a bit more.

Academically speaking; fort st is fine.

If u feel the need to join james ruse, baulko etc etc merely because they are ranked highly I can only say one thing.
You're a fkn failure if u need to be carried by ur school LOL lserr

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
For the past two weeks, I've been listening to people at my tutoring place who talk about crap in regards to my school. They know barely anything and they go on talking about rumours.

For e.g. one of them said, "Fort Street co-ed so what? There is only like 10% of students being female"

I was like wtf r u talking about? There is at least 35% of students being female.

second example, "Fort Street is getting worse and worse. From rank 12th down to rank 16th. They are getting shitter and shitter."

My school actually did get more students receiving premiers award. It is just that other schools improved more significantly.

Has that happened to any of yous in regards to your school? It is not just because it is my school that gets talked about. I am really annoyed as these girls know nothing about a school and they go on talking about crap.
Umm... how is that not getting worse? Relative to other schools, it is getting worse - no use denying it. That doesn't mean it's shit, it just means that the school is dropping abit in comparison to everyone else.

Aznmichael92 said:

Shit analogy. Doesn't work at all - the rankings for a particular year are independent of all others.

My solution to your problems: get over it.

lionking1191

HSC
yeh schools move around quite a bit (eg. syd boys, hornsby girls etc etc), just take it like a selective school nerd -___-

Aznmichael92

HSC
Continuum said:
Shit analogy. Doesn't work at all - the rankings for a particular year are independent of all others.

My solution to your problems: get over it.
yea i realise that analogy was a failure. About this one probably fail as well but meh

A 80 = 1st
B 75 = 2nd
C 70 = 3rd
D 60 = 4th
E 58 = 5th

2nd time around
A 78 = 1st
C 77 = 2nd
B 76 = 3rd
D 72 = 4th
E 68 = 5th

Isnt A getting worse? And in regards to this i cant be bothered to listen to these people anymore

lionking1191

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
yea i realise that analogy was a failure. About this one probably fail as well but meh

A 80 = 1st
B 75 = 2nd
C 70 = 3rd
D 60 = 4th
E 58 = 5th

2nd time around
A 78 = 1st
C 77 = 2nd
B 76 = 3rd
D 72 = 4th
E 68 = 5th

Isnt A getting worse? And in regards to this i cant be bothered to listen to these people anymore
clarifying what point you are trying to prove is a good place to start :(

margaret-lise

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:

Has that happened to any of yous in regards to your school? It is not just because it is my school that gets talked about. I am really annoyed as these girls know nothing about a school and they go on talking about crap.

umm.. grow up who the fuckk cares what school you go to . derr
WOW premiers awards. that says nothing about the school.. it says that there is some students who are smart who go to a shti school.
its no big deal darling. stop braggind about shit that doesnt matter. all that matter is how well you go in your hsc/vce/whatever

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)