• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

PETER GARRET (2 Viewers)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Labor should use the trade unions to stage a coup de tat and take over the government forever. Hawke came close, we need more Prime Ministers like him - 2.5 pints of beer in 12 seconds! Now that's a real Prime Minister a real Labor MP and a real man!

Bloody Howard undermining the power of the trade unions! Now Labor has to look to hippies!

I heard Peter Garret was such a hippy he was kicked out of a hari krishna sect.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I don't think he'll get too far and if he does, I'll be suprised.

Blackalicious

HSC
LOL all he will do is populate the left wing faction in Labor and create even more animosity in the party.

cayte

I don't think it's fair that the Libs amongst others are being so disparaging before he's even been elected - just because he's involved in the entertainment industry doesn't mean he can't make a worthwhile contribution. I know it looks like a bit of a publicity stunt, but he needs to be given a chance to do something before being written off. Shoulda heard little Johnny trying to politicise questions about his music in a radio interview this morning...

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cayte
Shoulda heard little Johnny trying to politicise questions about his music in a radio interview this morning...
Haha yeah. I heard a replay of the interview (originally from a perth radio station) on triple J this morning. I remember it going something like this:

Interviewer: "Have you listened to any midnight oil?"

Howard: "errgh arrgh...well thats not up to me to say....thats an issue for the labour party..."

Interviewer: "Aw come on.what's favourite song by them?"

Howard: "(Incredibly retarded giggle)..I would have to say "Beds are burning"

big_ticket

HSC
N/A
Unions are good for nothing organisations that just waste people's time and effort. Howard has done a great job in reducing union powers through enterprise bargaining agreements, which are better than any union endorsed collective agreement.
We dont need to go back to the dark ages and the Labor Party

Also Peter Garrett is a joke...it's just sad that the ALP have to resort to that..must say alot bout the local members of the ALP in that seat. All it is, is the ALP and the Greens exchanging preferences.....any party that is associated with the greens,shouldn't be a party

Last edited:

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
but he might not have voted a few times..

we cant have politicians that might not have voted a few times

thatd be like hypocrisy, and theres no room for that in politics.

Generator

HSC
N/A
If he is such a joke, then why was he offered the chance to become the President of the Australian Conservation Foundation (twice), which is in all probability one of the few truly credible environmental associations within Australia?

http://www.acfonline.org.au/asp/pages/document.asp?IdDoc=20

'Peter Garrett is widely known as a passionate advocate on a range of contemporary Australian and global issues. A graduate of the ANU (Arts) and UNSW (Law), as a political campaigner, essayist and performer he is recognised as a singular presence on the Australian political and cultural landscape.'

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
A probable voter backlash in Kingsford-Smith will see Garret lose the seat for the labour party and the liberal win it by a close margin of less then 5% because he is not a local.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
yeah that would be like a texan voting for john kerry

edit: white male texan

dingding

Señor Member
HSC
Originally posted by big_ticket
Unions are good for nothing organisations that just waste people's time and effort. Howard has done a great job in reducing union powers through enterprise bargaining agreements, which are better than any union endorsed collective agreement.
We dont need to go back to the dark ages and the Labor Party

I hope that during your working life you are exploited.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)