• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Peter Jackson's next.. (1 Viewer)

KDK

HSC
"The Lovely bones"

"Based on the best selling book by Alice Sebold, The Lovely Bones is the story of a 14-year-old girl from suburban Pennsylvania who is murdered by her neighbor. She tells the story from Heaven, showing the lives of the people around her and how they have changed all while attempting to get someone to find her lost body."

A different attempt from Peter jakson. After the success of The Lord of the Rings and King Kong do u guys reakon he can make a hatrick? personaly i think from Judging the storyline it looks like old wine paked in a new bottle, the story seems to juxtapose itself to the "GIFT" ( imo was brilliant). Another thing Peter Jacksons biggest lacklusture is his length in films, he needs to work on his timming. what u guys think?

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Hard to say. Jackson's greatest weakness isn't necessarily his cluelessness about pacing, but a persistent, frustrating inability to develop any sense of subtlety. It worked with King Kong and Heavenly Creatures, but made a lot of scenes in Lord of the Rings (especially Return of the King) either cringeworthy, or unintentionally hilarious. I haven't read this book so I don't know if it's suitable for his heavy-handedness. By the sound of your synopsis though, I'd say that the material probably demands that he tones it down a bit, or else I fear this could be another 2 hour trip to the cheese factory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)