• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

'Phantasy' (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I got my hands on a copy of the young writers' showcase the other day. I just wanna say I have watched 'Phantasy' by Lexi Landsman twice, and I am blown away by it. Its sooo brilliant!!

Unlike other films the acting is actually quite good too!!

I soo wish I had done a film now!!

Has anyone else seen this and what did they think? I didn't like that stupid chocolate crackle one though....acting was soooo bad!!

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
are u shitting me? :p i LOVED the chocolate crackle one... didnt really get into Phantasy.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Really? I thought everyone else would be loving it too. And yes I did think the chocolate crackle one was shit cos it was just so amateur, but obviously we have different opinions.

I thought everything in phantasy was great, esp the music!!

KarmaKitten

HSC
The chocolate crackle one is by a girl from my school. She is really really really good. Like she has won lots and lots of awards and stuff for her films

I loved it. I loved the whole little tremors and earthquakes theme. I prefered it to the other one.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
sif they did!!

Well anyway, I thought it was a brilliant film and am just a little shocked that you guys don't think the same. maybe you guys missed the point of it?

Oh well, agree to disagree I spose

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Score to American Beauty is by Thomas Newman, particularly Any Other Name. I can't remember the film (although the girl was in my grade at my school... haha.) but that particular score is bound to make anything look prophetic and deep and beautiful.

Can anyone burn a copy of the YWS for me?

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by Mcdickpants
they bloody well did

it must have cost the board a fucking fortune to get the rights to publish the YWS, especially since the other film was chock full of popular songs (tori amos, bjork, the beatles) and borrowed footage (amelie, john saffrans musical jamberee(??))
I never thought of it that way. That would be really expensive though, sif our board of studies would want to pay.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
it's used for educational purposes, there's probably some legislation on that.

i wouldn't know, and frankly, i don't care. :D

Jethro G

Ha ha ha! You dumb bastard! It's not a schooner...
i havent seen the chocolate one.. but the phantasy one was really well shot. yeah good acting for the most part. the shooting was just excellent, innovative.

music was lame.. parents bedroom scene wasnt great

id watch it without the sound if i were you. a friend who saw it at school on a f*cked up public school pc did this and i followed suit and its really a much more fascinating journey...

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by YEAR12
I got my hands on a copy of the young writers' showcase the other day. I just wanna say I have watched 'Phantasy' by Lexi Landsman twice, and I am blown away by it. Its sooo brilliant!!

Unlike other films the acting is actually quite good too!!

I soo wish I had done a film now!!

Has anyone else seen this and what did they think? I didn't like that stupid chocolate crackle one though....acting was soooo bad!!
I have only seen the opening of Phantasy so I cant say much about it. However, I had seen the Little Earthquake a few times. I like the way the music has reflected the mood and the concept that it presents.

As I am making a video myself, I thought that her ideas were very original. My teachers and I were watching Little Earthquake yesterday and they thought it was clever even though they said that they didnt understand it.

Personally, I am not so convinced about the acting though. The girls (I think one of them is called Fiona and her friend) were great but I didnt really think the chocolate crackle seller and the girls sister were convincing (at certain points).

However I dont understand the purpose of the girl picking her nose in the bath.
I also like the humour that she has used with God using the imac and the superimposition of dialogues into the film.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I guess you saw stuff in it that I didn't

Although I wasn't looking at it from a film maker's point of view....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)