Physical journey speech (1 Viewer)

funkycherry

HSC
Ok so i have to do a speech:(, and in the question it says:
discuss how your texts connect with your area of study, the devices features and structures they use to represent their ideas.

i don't really understand what this asking any help would be appreciated :)

wendus

krawr.
HSC
argh what an easy question !!! what are you texts? it's just asking you to find the texts' forms and features and link with with how they represent the physical journey.

e.g.
in peter s's migrant hostel, you might find such poetic techniques as enjambment, which might reflect the fact that the migrants are constantly on the move, and that the journey never really ends. or something like that.

not that i do physical journeys though! i do imaginative.

funkycherry

HSC
Um we had to chose 3 texts of our own. i chose a book, a video from 60 minutes and a short story

funkycherry

HSC
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Could anyone help explain to me how i could write about this in the speech, like sort of break it down:(
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica] A Creed To Live By
By Nancye Sims [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Don't undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is because we are different that each of us is special.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Don't set your goals by what other people deem important. Only you know what is best for you.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Don't take for granted the things closest to your heart. Cling to them as you would your life, for without them life is meaningless. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Don't let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future. By living your life one day at a time, you live all the days of your life. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Don't give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Don't be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect. It is this fragile thread that binds us to each other.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Don't be afraid to encounter risks. It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Don't shut love out of your life by saying it's impossible to find. The quickest way to receive love is to give love. The fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly; and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Don't dismiss your dreams. To be without dreams is to be without hope; to be without hope is to be without purpose.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Don't run through life so fast that you forget not only where you've been, but also where you're going. Life is not a race, but a journey to be savored each step of the way.[/FONT][/FONT]

N

Nicola1616

Seems to me like a boring question - you poor thing but I guess having done it, it will be some good reference material. Well for a start, physical journeys is too broad a topic area for you to say everything. The only thing that matters for you to say is stuff that your support material can add too. I'd start with waxing lyrical a bit about the power of the physical journey to transform lives blah. Then a general sweep of the subject that your stuff will enlarge upon - so, physical journeys can take many forms, they can be taken by heros or commonplace people with ordinary lives, they are for the brave but esspecially for the fearful - or some crap you could even end with an emphatic statement like - but those which offer the most life-enhancing potential are always - blah, ie you say something which your texts all contain - hopefully they are linked in some way.
Then it really is pretty easy - you take em one by one and say how the text type, the structure and one or two major features highlight certain aspects of your thesis above.
Your book - I don't know but maybe it's in the third person narrative which allows us intimate insight into the characters thoughts and feelings then give a quote.
Your 60 minutes stuff - maybe it's highly emotive? Look at how it's edited, do you get bits in the middle that retell earlier points? is there emotive music? Close ups? How do these things bring to life aspects of the journey (obstacles, triumphs, isolation, finding previously unknown strengths?
Your shor story - again I don't know obviously but a short story is condensed, often it can be more risk taking in it's form that couldn't be sustained over a whole novel, it usually jumps right in and often has the character reflect on an earlier time. God I'm going on
good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)