Physical Journeys Assignment...Help.. (1 Viewer)

shauno_sirba

Hey i got an oral presentation on physical journeys, i have to chose two related texts from anywhere and talk about how the composer explores the concept of physical journey...and then need to relate them to two stryznecki poems....any ideas for some related texts???...it is beter to do a vairety of texts anyone got any ideas for texts?

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Search this forum and have alook around in different threads. I rember organising/seeing lots of things regarding Skrzynecki and good related material for each poem. There are also some notes to help you understand the poems to make links to other texts, provided you have searched for them :p. Yes, it is better to do a variety of texts, as it shows the markers that you have an understanding of different texts :)

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
I did that exact assignment like... last year.

Heres some texts my classmates and I chose:

* Jessica by Bryce Courtenay (book)
* Crossroads (film)
* In America (film)
* Ayrton Seena: The Final Hours (news article)
* Mosquito Coast (book + film.)
* (that film with MK & A Olsen where they get there drivers licence... I forget the name of it!!)

Theres heaps more... I just forget them... it was a long time ago!

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
A good film for anything to do with physical journeys is 7 Years in Tibet. It's a physical journey, yet it's also an inner journey, showing how a journey can change a person's life...just like Skrzynecki's...

The best thing about Physical Journeys is you're not restricted to just Physical Journeys because they can spur off other journeys...if you find something that has all different kinds it's something really good to write about...

And compared to many films that students pick, it's a "mature" film, markers like to see that.

putri tini

HSC
Hey I've done this assessment before. Here are some texts that i think will help you answers questions... (that i can remember atm)
Movies:
*Looking for Nemo
*Crossroads
*Seven years in Tibet
*Lord of the Rings
Poems:
*Death of a Naturalist - Heaney
Visual:
*Look through any Leunig cartoons - alot of them represent physical journeys

:) Sorry its so early in the morning, i cant really remember as much as i thought i would.

putri tini

HSC
The most important thing in choosing texts for this english assessment or any english assessment is all the texts to link somehow (Do they all show personal growth? or Do they all represent a change? or Do they all represent exploration or discovery?)! :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)