Physics Assessment -- Designing an Experiment (1 Viewer)

elvenmuggle

HSC
Task 2 of my upcomming Physics assessment is to:
"Plan, choose equipment or resources for, and perform a first-hand investigation to demontrate the production of an alternating current"

I know how to do the other tasks of the assessment, but this one has me stumped. I've asked the other people in my class [ok, so there are only 4 other people] and none of them know either. I haven't really been understanding much in this topic [come to think of it i don't think my teacher has either :rolleyes:] so its probably really easy, but i have no idea.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
several options:

- a simple 1 is to move a magnet through a solenoid, the current generated reverses as the magnet exit the other end. this can be seen as an application of the lenz law

- use a demonstration generator ( this could be the coil one or the disc one that faraday used) and just turns the handle and explain the principles of generating electricity.

- if you really have time to spare you can try building a generator from motor parts or self madde coils. use the textbook diagrams as a guide, then talk about the same thing as above, ie how charges in magnetic field experience a force its directions etc

elvenmuggle

HSC
Thankyou so much for all of your replies! You've been a huge help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)