Physics ethics outcome (1 Viewer)

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
"Discuss using examples, how the values and needs of society can influence the focus of scientific research in the area of increasing efficiency of the use of electricity by individuals and society"
this is one of the outcomes in my science class, but I have no clue what they are trying to say here. This question seems pretty damn vague and I can't find any examples for this.

Bob99

temporarylol hater
HSC
maybe you could talk about how individuals are advocating for reducing climate change, so research can be focused towards the development of sustainable energy systems such as more efficient solar panels or something idk.

wizzkids

HSC
The statement seems pretty clear to me. Society must focus on reducing waste, or increasing the efficiency of utilising electrical energy. It is not about ethics, this is about economics. This is a hot topic at the moment, with the price of electrical energy expected to double in the next year. We as a society have decided to phase out incandescent light bulbs, and replace them with cold LED bulbs, because they only consume 20% of the energy of equivalent incandescent bulbs. We are about to embark on a huge transformation of our electricity grid to accommodate fluctuating renewables. We need massive investment in energy storage, like pumped hydro and batteries, which needs to be as efficient as possible. Does this give you some ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)