Picking up English EXT1 (1 Viewer)

NewiJapper

HSC
Ok, so i used to do ext1 english in yr11 and i was in the top five of people in our class of 20. I dropped it before end of yr11 exams cause i didnt like the texts we did *ros&guld especially!!!* but seeing the texts for our yr12 course *Waiting for Godot, Catch 22 and some other* i'm a bit thrown to whether to pick it up again?

My Head english teacher harrasses me everytime i go into the staffroom i should cause i would get 50/50 *haha i think she is just trying to hard to persuade me*

But yea, advice or something would be sweet. Atm im only doing 11 units.

spammy679

MLIA
HSC
pick it up again!

if you're doing well
and you think you'll like it in year 12
you should do it

H4wk1n4t0r

HSC
Yeah, you should probably pick it up. Has decent scaling, much more interesting than Advanced and given your past performance, you should be able to do well in it too. Also, it'll help with your Advanced course.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Pick it up. It can't hurt especially since you were doing so well in it. Waiting for Godot is not bad to study lol

elmoateme

HSC
Do it. Worst comes to worst you can always drop it again. I guess your teacher might just kill you though...:shoot:

NewiJapper

HSC
Well, i decided to pick it up again (Y).

I've already started reading catch-22. Its ok, but i thought it would be a tad more interesting. The start of the book (around the first 30-40 pages) seems kind of disjointed and slightly confusing to me but i guess its just introducing and its all sensory and information overload about the characters and shizz haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)