Picture Books Yrs 3/4 (1 Viewer)

HyPnOtiSeD

be my bad boy ...
HSC
Hey.
This week at prac i have to read a book to an excelled 3/4 class. Does anyone have any suggestions for appropriate texts?

Thank you!

rific

HSC
The Rabbits, illustrated by Shaun Tan and authored by John Marsden.

or,

The Lost Thing, illustrated and authored by Shaun Tan.

Both are fantastic, Australian, and look at interesting topics. They're just some I came across last year for an assessment I did. What sort of unit are you doing?

HSC
Picture book or small novel? If you're doing picture book and text/word analysis, I would say the Piggybook by Anthony Browne (I think thats the title, it has piggy in the title though definitely) cos its really good for that kind of thing. Its also a good text for yr5/6 kids too for a better analysis. The pictures basically change with the storyline in a crazy and not so direct way so its a good analysis-y book.

"just an ordinary day" - rod clements? I think thats the author. it might be "just another ordinary day", but its something along those lines. I remember reading that, it was a cool cool book cos the pictures differed completely to whaat you expect to match up with the text.

hm, im outta ideas...hope they help, somewhat.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Anything by Mem Fox. Appropriate for all ages... its just the depth with which you look at it that varies.. I'm doing some work on 'Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge' at the moment... just brilliant

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
I'm making a resource using Wilfrid... for the COGS unit 'Me' (Early Stage One)

Edit: Stage One.. I changed my mind

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)