Planning eco essays by using a 'central essay'? (1 Viewer)

yanujw

HSC
My plan for making eco essay plans is to focus on just a single 'central essay' for each chapter. It would be a very broad question that I can easily adapt. For example, my economic growth central essay would be;

Explain the causes and effects of economic growth in the last 10 years, as well as policies used to sustain economic growth.
So I would make a detailed essay plan including stats/examples and everything else, then memorise and practice writing. Is it a good idea to plan it this broadly, or should I be using another method. Also, I feel like it's harder to do this method For Topics 1/2 because each chapter does not have a very specific focus, and the essays you get can vary a lot more. Is one essay plan even enough for most chapters?

If you guys have any suggestions please let me know.

notme123

HSC
look i recommend learning essay plans and paragraphs and stuff, but your main focus should be understanding theory and stats in each paragraph. you should also include a however section to each paragraph which contradicts what you just said to show greater depth. personally i never wrote a topic 1 essay ever so i cant help in that regard. i did write topic 2 essays, free trade and protection on australia, causes and consequences of exchange rate movements, causes and consequences of bop. although i recommend a trade and financial flows one as well which i didnt prepare for but did improptu in the hsc. but dont take my word very wholly there are a lot of people with way more knowledge on how to approach the subject

with the central essay part, thats gonna be real hard with the policies because you should always prepare for all objectives so your central essay is gonna be 2000+ words. some policies like environmental wont be so much but i reckon nesa might ask what the impact of these env policies on other objectives eg excise taxes may worsen income distribution, subsidy removal for coal burning facilities may cause structural unemployment, tax on carbon and electricity will rise cost inflation, reducing real wages and decrease living standards etc.

Last edited:

uniqueusername1

HSC
My plan for making eco essay plans is to focus on just a single 'central essay' for each chapter.
don't do this, its not like eng where you can adapt it

please be willing to change your stats/points so it fits the q

no short cut to writing essay plans on different subtopics

Saint Dev

HSC
As other people have said, you really just need to know the content and stats related to the topic areas. It's hard to have a central essay for policy questions as they can ask for any objective.

yanujw

HSC
So it seems a single essay for each chapter is ineffective. What should I aim to make each plan based on instead? I was thinking of commonly asked broad essay questions, and then doing about 2-3 essay plans for each chapter.

nourished.

HSC
My plan for making eco essay plans is to focus on just a single 'central essay' for each chapter. It would be a very broad question that I can easily adapt. For example, my economic growth central essay would be;

Explain the causes and effects of economic growth in the last 10 years, as well as policies used to sustain economic growth.
So I would make a detailed essay plan including stats/examples and everything else, then memorise and practice writing. Is it a good idea to plan it this broadly, or should I be using another method. Also, I feel like it's harder to do this method For Topics 1/2 because each chapter does not have a very specific focus, and the essays you get can vary a lot more. Is one essay plan even enough for most chapters?

If you guys have any suggestions please let me know.
Look, I think this is a great idea. But, I'd do this after making actual notes for theory and stats. You'll find it much easier to then write these central essays with more depth and synthesis. A good way to think of tackling your central essays should be: 'I'm creating a general template with strong arguments (theory) and updated stats.'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)