• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

pLease complete my survey! it's for my PIP and it'll take 5minutes! thanks (2 Viewers)

surfie_rockstar

uh oh! pips are due in less than 2weeks.. n ive bearly even started! i always leave things too late! if you can complete a survey ..it'll b doing me a huge favour! thanks guys! :) if you dont want to post them on here.. u can email it to me at pom_pom_@hotmail.com thankyou!

INFLUENCE OF ROCK AND ROLL LYRICS

Please mark ([x]) and fill in the blanks where appropriate.

Ethnicity:

Family Situation (eg. Parents divorced, Remarried):

Favourite Music Genres:

Why do you listen to this particular genre of music?

What is your parent(s)/caregiver(s) reactions to your choice of music?

Do you see yourself as similar to those bands/singers you idolise? Yes [ ] No [ ]Why/Why not?

How many hours, a day, do you spend listening to music and/or watching music videos?

Do you believe that music provides a media for something to relate to? (eg. When you upset about a certain issue, you listen to a song with similar lyrics to that problem, and it helps you deal with it) Yes [ ] No [ ]
Please explain

Have you ever tried to copy lyrics from a song? (eg. The way you dress, your actions, taken a substance such as alcohol or drugs) Yes [ ] No [ ] If so, what and why?

Is it in your beliefs that lyrics of rock music can be directly blamed for the rise of adolescent suicide? Yes [ ] No [ ] How come?

J

jhakka

Ethnicity: Dad's Greek, Mum's English.

Family Situation (eg. Parents divorced, Remarried): Two parents married.

Favourite Music Genres: Rock and punk.

Why do you listen to this particular genre of music? Sounds good. Doesn't give me a headaches like other continously bass-filled, repetitive genres that include talking more than singing.

What is your parent(s)/caregiver(s) reactions to your choice of music? They like it.

Do you see yourself as similar to those bands/singers you idolise? Yes [ ] No [x]Why/Why not?
I can't sing. I'm not that rebellious, etc.

How many hours, a day, do you spend listening to music and/or watching music videos?

Do you believe that music provides a media for something to relate to? (eg. When you upset about a certain issue, you listen to a song with similar lyrics to that problem, and it helps you deal with it) Yes [ ] No [x]
Please explain
I don't feel the need to make what I listen to relate to my current mood. I listen to what I want to listen, rather than music that reflects my mood.

Have you ever tried to copy lyrics from a song? (eg. The way you dress, your actions, taken a substance such as alcohol or drugs) Yes [ ] No [x] If so, what and why?

Is it in your beliefs that lyrics of rock music can be directly blamed for the rise of adolescent suicide? Yes [ ] No [x] How come?
Everyone's responsible for their own actions. Saying popular culure is the only reason for it is ignorant and insulting.

You're leaving this a bit late, aren't you?

astro

HSC

Ethnicity: Chinese

Family Situation (eg. Parents divorced, Remarried): Parents married

Favourite Music Genres: Rock, some punk and little pop

Why do you listen to this particular genre of music? I like the sounds and tune of it....it's loud and can be angry.

What is your parent(s)/caregiver(s) reactions to your choice of music? They don't particularly care...though my Dad would want me to listen to classical music more

Do you see yourself as similar to those bands/singers you idolise? Yes [ ] No [X ] Not really because not only can't i write music or sing....i suppose their lifestyle is different to mine...

How many hours, a day, do you spend listening to music and/or watching music videos? Listening to music = 1 - 3 or 4hrs a day...watching music vids = 0.5 - 1 hr every week

Do you believe that music provides a media for something to relate to? (eg. When you upset about a certain issue, you listen to a song with similar lyrics to that problem, and it helps you deal with it) Yes [ ] No [X] I don't really use lyrics of a song to deal with my problems...i just listen to it and let the music take over

Have you ever tried to copy lyrics from a song? (eg. The way you dress, your actions, taken a substance such as alcohol or drugs) Yes [ ] No [X] If so, what and why?

Is it in your beliefs that lyrics of rock music can be directly blamed for the rise of adolescent suicide? Yes [ ] No [X] How come? You can't blame music for taking your own life...they chose to listen to it and if it was that depressive they should've broke the CD or whatever

Igor

HSC
N/A

Ethnicity: mixed race

Family Situation (eg. Parents divorced, Remarried):parents divorced, live alone

Favourite Music Genres: punk, rock, jazz

Why do you listen to this particular genre of music? it appeals to me, and the better stuff can carry some pretty powerful messages

What is your parent(s)/caregiver(s) reactions to your choice of music? they really don't care what i listen too.

Do you see yourself as similar to those bands/singers you idolise? Yes [ ] No [x]Why/Why not?
i don't believe that everyone has the same opinions and ideals, and that the differences between peoples personal values ensures that we have good art coming through

How many hours, a day, do you spend listening to music and/or watching music videos?about 4 hours listening to the radio

Do you believe that music provides a media for something to relate to? (eg. When you upset about a certain issue, you listen to a song with similar lyrics to that problem, and it helps you deal with it) Yes [x] No [ ]
Please explain If i'm angry i listen to something loud to help me cope with the feelings, and to get them out, like just scream along with the song. same for sadness and when I'm really happy (i listen to reggae then)

Have you ever tried to copy lyrics from a song? (eg. The way you dress, your actions, taken a substance such as alcohol or drugs) Yes [ ] No [x] If so, what and why?
you can't copy something and still be original

Is it in your beliefs that lyrics of rock music can be directly blamed for the rise of adolescent suicide? Yes [ ] No [x] How come? people commit suicide for various reasons, music is a creative outlet of a media for people to find a form of belonging in.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC

Ethnicity: anglo saxon (mums australian, dads english)

Family Situation (eg. Parents divorced, Remarried): married

Favourite Music Genres: rnb, rock and pop

Why do you listen to this particular genre of music? because i like the lyrics of pop, rnbs good to dance to plus soem (not all) shows some remarkable singing talent, and rock becuase i like both the lyrics and music

What is your parent(s)/caregiver(s) reactions to your choice of music? generally they like some of it and dislike others, dont really uinterfere, dad still maintains the music of teh 70s was superior

Do you see yourself as similar to those bands/singers you idolise? Yes [ ] No [ x]Why/Why not? well to start with i dont particularily idolise anyone, secondly i cant sing or play music so i cant see how that would allow me to identify and thirdly my tatses pretty diverse so i cant see how i could be alike things that are completely opposite

How many hours, a day, do you spend listening to music and/or watching music videos? 2 or 3

Do you believe that music provides a media for something to relate to? (eg. When you upset about a certain issue, you listen to a song with similar lyrics to that problem, and it helps you deal with it) Yes [x ] No [ ]
Please explain
music is developed as a means to express emtions as such ppl are able to idenify with feelings expressed in these songs and relate to them, whether the problem expressed is teh same or simialr it allows ppl to know they are not alone in dealing with issues/feelings.

Have you ever tried to copy lyrics from a song? (eg. The way you dress, your actions, taken a substance such as alcohol or drugs) Yes [ ] No [x ] If so, what and why?

Is it in your beliefs that lyrics of rock music can be directly blamed for the rise of adolescent suicide? Yes [ ] No [ x] How come? Directly no, no rock star has ever dorectly told someone to kill themself, maybe indirectly, but youth suicide has many factors, and is individual to each person, it would b imossible to say "im going to commit suicide because that line in that matchbox 20 song makes me think i should". Teenagers should be given some credit of not being stupid enough to act in such a way. Most ppl in my experience who have committed suicide had a whole host of problems, such as my friend who had been raped, was pregnant, but extremely religious so not only was teh un marriatial sex and issue for her, it was against her religion to terminate th baby, and on top of that she had just failed her hsc trails...see my piont, these are real issues, not some facade. Suicides a big step, ppl need to be in a seriously bad place in order for them to make that step (normally).

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC

Family Situation (eg. Parents divorced, Remarried):married

Favourite Music Genres: hip hop, rnb, soft rock, alternative, new age

Why do you listen to this particular genre of music? cuz i like it, and i have eclectic taste

What is your parent(s)/caregiver(s) reactions to your choice of music? they also like it

Do you see yourself as similar to those bands/singers you idolise? Yes [x] No [ ]Why/Why not?

How many hours, a day, do you spend listening to music and/or watching music videos? listenign to music = approx 1 hr

Do you believe that music provides a media for something to relate to? (eg. When you upset about a certain issue, you listen to a song with similar lyrics to that problem, and it helps you deal with it) Yes [x] No [ ]
Please explain

Have you ever tried to copy lyrics from a song? (eg. The way you dress, your actions, taken a substance such as alcohol or drugs) Yes [ ] No [x] If so, what and why? thatz the worest suggestion ever

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC

Ethnicity: Greek

Family Situation (eg. Parents divorced, Remarried): parents divorced live with mum

Favourite Music Genres: i like most things but my favourites are probably dance/trance and classical

Why do you listen to this particular genre of music? it sounds good

What is your parent(s)/caregiver(s) reactions to your choice of music? all for it

Do you see yourself as similar to those bands/singers you idolise? Yes [ ] No [ ]Why/Why not? No, because their not doin their HSC and im not a multimillionaire :D

How many hours, a day, do you spend listening to music and/or watching music videos? 1hr

Do you believe that music provides a media for something to relate to? (eg. When you upset about a certain issue, you listen to a song with similar lyrics to that problem, and it helps you deal with it) No
Please explain
I listen to music because its soothing and calms me, i dont seek out music when i have a problem or emotional/relationship difficulties

Have you ever tried to copy lyrics from a song? (eg. The way you dress, your actions, taken a substance such as alcohol or drugs) Yes [ ] No [ ] If so, what and why?
Dear god no, because i dont really listen to the lyrics and i have other ways of expressing myself

Is it in your beliefs that lyrics of rock music can be directly blamed for the rise of adolescent suicide? Yes [ ] No [ ] How come?
No, i believe that the person who suicided is responsible..suicide is not an escape, its an easy way out. IMO the reason for the rise in adolescent suicide is partly due to the whole notion of depression being an understable occurence during times of stress (eg.HSC), this shouldnt be, depression should not be passed off as a phase but rather for it to be immediately addressed.

hope that helps :)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC

Ethnicity: chinese

Family Situation (eg. Parents divorced, Remarried): my dad remarried after my mum died

Favourite Music Genres: r&b, rock, classical, ermm anything really, i just can't stand country

Why do you listen to this particular genre of music? coz i love it. and i listen to a lot of songs because it means something to me, i can relate to it etc.

What is your parent(s)/caregiver(s) reactions to your choice of music? dad doesn't really care... but sometmes he'll comment and say "what is this garbage they're playing on the radio? they're either mumbling or screaming their heads off :rolleyes:"

Do you see yourself as similar to those bands/singers you idolise? Yes [ ] No [x]Why/Why not? umm i can't really answer this because i don't usually take the effort to look up facts on bands i listen to, unless i really really like them :p

How many hours, a day, do you spend listening to music and/or watching music videos? dont really watch video clips much, but music.. ummm at least 3

Please explain: definitely. it doesn't exactly help me deal with it, but there are some songs i can really relate to, it's almost like they're transferring my feelings to words, and i think that's a reason why many ppl listen to music.

Have you ever tried to copy lyrics from a song? (eg. The way you dress, your actions, taken a substance such as alcohol or drugs) Yes [ ] No [x] If so, what and why? errr, no.

Is it in your beliefs that lyrics of rock music can be directly blamed for the rise of adolescent suicide? Yes [ ] No [x] How come?

Last edited:

capsicum

HSC

Ethnicity: mainly chinese

Family Situation (eg. Parents divorced, Remarried): real parents divorced, but both remarried

Favourite Music Genres: rock, rnb, classical, chinese?, anything but jazzy type

Why do you listen to this particular genre of music? it's changed from when i was younger, so i guess it grows with age. different and new things appeal to me during different stages of life. and it sounds good to me at the moment.

What is your parent(s)/caregiver(s) reactions to your choice of music? they dont mind.

Do you see yourself as similar to those bands/singers you idolise? Yes [ ] No [X]Why/Why not? they're completely people in terms of aspirations, dreams, etc. true, singing mightn't be their only goal but singing for people or composing music, songs, etc. isn't what i'm aiming for in life. =)

How many hours, a day, do you spend listening to music and/or watching music videos? id say about 3-5 hours depending on when the comp is on, where i go, who's home. watching music vids = never. only on sats sometimes to liven up the lonely atmosphere.

Please explain - it helps relieve the mind and ease the body from tension, etc. from the state because the u know what's happening is universal. also, feelings being experienced is not trapped in the mind and expressed differently.

Have you ever tried to copy lyrics from a song? (eg. The way you dress, your actions, taken a substance such as alcohol or drugs) Yes [ ] No [x] If so, what and why? because songs only affect me to an extent.

Is it in your beliefs that lyrics of rock music can be directly blamed for the rise of adolescent suicide? Yes [ ] No [X] How come? it can be an indirect blame, but not a whole blame. cuz i guess just listening to rock lmusic alone isn't enough to cause suicide within the individual.

Auto Wah

Family Situation (eg. Parents divorced, Remarried):

Favourite Music Genres: Heavy Metal, hard rock, Industrial

Why do you listen to this particular genre of music?
Cuz i'm angry

They don't want me listening to them, but to hell with them.

Do you see yourself as similar to those bands/singers you idolise? Yes [ ] No [X]Why/Why not?
I wish i can be similar to them.

few hours, not much these days. Too occupied with other shit.

Do you believe that music provides a media for something to relate to? (eg. When you upset about a certain issue, you listen to a song with similar lyrics to that problem, and it helps you deal with it) Yes [ ] No [X]
Please explain

People who make music now days just to sell records, they write about depressed stuff so kids will listen to them and be angry. Where does that anger come from? It's just created by the band to sell music so they don't have to work as hard. In a sense it makes you more depressed and makes you believe it's okay to be depressed.

Have you ever tried to copy lyrics from a song? (eg. The way you dress, your actions, taken a substance such as alcohol or drugs) Yes [ ] No [X] If so, what and why?
Cuz i'm not an idiot.

Is it in your beliefs that lyrics of rock music can be directly blamed for the rise of adolescent suicide? Yes [ ] No [X] How come?

Despite what i said earlier, But if a child choose to suicide it wouldn't be just from the music they listen to otherwise they deserve to die. But a lot to do with their parents and why they were depressed in the first place. Lack of communication, lack of friends, pressure, they are the real killers. Music are just bands trying to make money, it entertains.

ichig0

HSC

Family Situation (eg. Parents divorced, Remarried): parents divorced

Favourite Music Genres: classical, hiphop, pop, rap, r&b, alternative rock...

Why do you listen to this particular genre of music? i listen to different genres depending on my mood

What is your parent(s)/caregiver(s) reactions to your choice of music? they dont mind at all.

Do you see yourself as similar to those bands/singers you idolise? Yes [ ] No [ x]Why/Why not? because i don't know them or their personalities to compare themselves and myself, and also i listen to the musica rather than the lyrics.

How many hours, a day, do you spend listening to music and/or watching music videos? about 3-5 hours on weekdays.. and on weekends, maybe 5-7 hrs..

Do you believe that music provides a media for something to relate to? (eg. When you upset about a certain issue, you listen to a song with similar lyrics to that problem, and it helps you deal with it) Yes [ x] No [ ]
Please explain: by listening to similar music to my mood, i find that i can release my feelings easily.. like when im upset, i listen to sad classical musics and that makes me cry.. after abit, i always feel better. same with when im feeling happy and bubbly, i sing loud and fast songs to show my emotions.

Have you ever tried to copy lyrics from a song? (eg. The way you dress, your actions, taken a substance such as alcohol or drugs) Yes [ ] No [x ] If so, what and why?

Is it in your beliefs that lyrics of rock music can be directly blamed for the rise of adolescent suicide? Yes [ ] No [ x] How come? not directly blamed.. though it does sometimes contribute to some adolescent suicide. it's different for each person i guess, of course the circumstances have to be looked at, e.g anything that has a negative impact on the person.. so no.. rock music can't be directly blamed.. but it COULD be a factor to adolecent suicide

twiddla

Ethnicity:Australian

Family Situation :parents are married

Favourite Music Genres:Classical, Punk Rock, Jazz, Contemp. Xian

Why do you listen to this particular genre of music? I listen to a whole heap cos i feel they relate to my feelings nd whatever helps me relax

What is your parent(s)/caregiver(s) reactions to your choice of music? Skepetical about the value of the rock and xian stuff

Do you see yourself as similar to those bands/singers you idolise? Yes [] No [x ]Why/Why not? Cos I kno that i never wish to be labelled as some elses imitation

How many hours, a day, do you spend listening to music and/or watching music videos? 30 mins

Please explain. Music and my bible help me to reflect on things

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
wow so many chinese people....better keep up with the trends

Ethnicity: Chinese (fob-ish)

Family Situation (eg. Parents divorced, Remarried): married

Favourite Music Genres: rap/hip-hop

Why do you listen to this particular genre of music? good strong beat, heavy bass

What is your parent(s)/caregiver(s) reactions to your choice of music? they don't mind as long as it's not too loud

I don't live in their type of environment

listening = 3hrs a day, 5 days a week. watching = 1hr/w

Do you believe that music provides a media for something to relate to? (eg. When you upset about a certain issue, you listen to a song with similar lyrics to that problem, and it helps you deal with it) Yes [ ] No [x]
Please explain

I can't really keep up with the lyrics esp. songs by Twista :/

it is very illegal to do drivebys and smoke weed, and i want that career in law

olay

HSC

Ethnicity: Vietnamese Chinese

Family Situation (eg. Parents divorced, Remarried): Parents married.

Favourite Music Genres: alternative/rock, folk, soul, orchestral/instrumental,

Why do you listen to thse particular genres of music? Because they're beautiful, soothing/cathartic and moving or relaxing.

They don't really care what i listen to.

Do you see yourself as similar to those bands/singers you idolise? Yes [x] No [ ]Why/Why not? Often yes in terms of ideas or beliefs or understanding, but obviously not lifestyle. And when you play/sing music and feel it, you generally go into a very similar mentality to the composer/artist.

usually about 8, listening. watching is every odd month.

Please explain

It's an outlet for emotion and expression. It's also something which articulates/expresses perfectly what you're feeling when you're too lost in feeling to convey it.

Nothing can be 'directly' blamed for rising rates of suicide - a multitude of factors will drive people to commit suicide... it is rarely just one thing.

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
NFLUENCE OF ROCK AND ROLL LYRICS

Ethnicity: australian

Family Situation (eg. Parents divorced, Remarried): parents married

Favourite Music Genres: rock, metal, alternative

Why do you listen to this particular genre of music? its angry music, i like angry music

What is your parent(s)/caregiver(s) reactions to your choice of music? my mum once said she didnt like it cos they swore..i dont put my cds in the car anymore

Do you see yourself as similar to those bands/singers you idolise? Yes [x] No [ ]Why/Why not? its often very easy to relate to what they are talking/singing/yelling about

How many hours, a day, do you spend listening to music and/or watching music videos? well i go to school, so after school.. maybe 3-4 hrs

Please explain - when im upset i can listen to softer rock and it comforts me and when im angry and i listen to heavier metal and it helps me release my anger. sometimes my music chnages my mood aswell

Is it in your beliefs that lyrics of rock music can be directly blamed for the rise of adolescent suicide? Yes [ ] No [x] How come? people do not kill themselvs because of the music they listen to, music is only a vessle in which people express themselves. people do not become depressed from listening to depressing music, they listen to depressing music because they are depressed. one should not be confused for the other.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC

Ethnicity: Australian

Family Situation (eg. Parents divorced, Remarried): Married parents

Favourite Music Genres: Dance, Rock

Why do you listen to this particular genre of music? I love the beat, the lyrics are mad anfd I love to dance.

What is your parent(s)/caregiver(s) reactions to your choice of music? grudging tolerance

Do you see yourself as similar to those bands/singers you idolise? Yes [ ] No [x ]Why/Why not? Because I have no intention to mimic them.

How many hours, a day, do you spend listening to music and/or watching music videos? 3hrs?

Do you believe that music provides a media for something to relate to? (eg. When you upset about a certain issue, you listen to a song with similar lyrics to that problem, and it helps you deal with it) Yes [x ] No [ ]
Please explain Its a way of letting out what I feel and instead getting lost in the song

Have you ever tried to copy lyrics from a song? (eg. The way you dress, your actions, taken a substance such as alcohol or drugs) Yes [ ] No [ x] If so, what and why? Sometimes I can identify with the thought processes. May react to it subconciously

Is it in your beliefs that lyrics of rock music can be directly blamed for the rise of adolescent suicide? Yes [ ] No [ x] How come? because those people already distinctly have that desire in mind anyway, music does not incite it or emphasise it.

Winston

HSC

Ethnicity: Chinese (ABC)

Family Situation (eg. Parents divorced, Remarried): Married

Favourite Music Genres: The whole lot!

Why do you listen to this particular genre of music? gets my brain going

What is your parent(s)/caregiver(s) reactions to your choice of music? They generally ask me, "Is that singer saying ' i want to make love with pineapples'"

Do you see yourself as similar to those bands/singers you idolise? Yes [ ] No [ x ]Why/Why not? If i was that creative, i would of been one of those artists!

How many hours, a day, do you spend listening to music and/or watching music videos? Ranges, but generally 2 - 3

Do you believe that music provides a media for something to relate to? (eg. When you upset about a certain issue, you listen to a song with similar lyrics to that problem, and it helps you deal with it) Yes [ x ] No [ ]
Please explain. Yeah i guess so... gets me screaming my lungs out...

Have you ever tried to copy lyrics from a song? (eg. The way you dress, your actions, taken a substance such as alcohol or drugs) Yes [ ] No [ x ] If so, what and why? I'm not that much of a freak.

Is it in your beliefs that lyrics of rock music can be directly blamed for the rise of adolescent suicide? Yes [ ] No [ x ] How come? Why would it be? If a song can influence someones death so easily, oh boy... we're screwed then, think about how easy it would be to kill someone :D...

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A

Ethnicity: Vietnamese

Family Situation (eg. Parents divorced, Remarried): Parents together with a brother

Favourite Music Genres: nothing specific, I just listen to what sounds good to me, but at the moment I have been listening to more Japanese music and rock

Why do you listen to this particular genre of music? Genre doesn't mean much, I wouldn't rule something out because I didn't like its genre. Everything goes

What is your parent(s)/caregiver(s) reactions to your choice of music? They don't really care, because they don't understand my music and I don't understand theirs.

Do you see yourself as similar to those bands/singers you idolise? Yes [ ] No [X ]Why/Why not? because they're rich, famous, and can sing. I am none of the above.

How many hours, a day, do you spend listening to music and/or watching music videos? I've always got music on while I'm studying or on the train to uni, so maybe 6+ hrs

Do you believe that music provides a media for something to relate to? (eg. When you upset about a certain issue, you listen to a song with similar lyrics to that problem, and it helps you deal with it) Yes [X ] No [ ]
Please explain Yes, but only sometimes. The only issue music really helps me with is relationship issues ("I can't liiiiiiiiiive if living is without yooooooooou" etc.)

Have you ever tried to copy lyrics from a song? (eg. The way you dress, your actions, taken a substance such as alcohol or drugs) Yes [ ] No [X ] If so, what and why? not really.... most of the music I listen to is about love stuff for some reason.

Is it in your beliefs that lyrics of rock music can be directly blamed for the rise of adolescent suicide? Yes [ ] No [X ] How come? The only thing I've heard about people committing suicide after listening to music is that whole thing with that "Gloomy Sunday" song (here). Like Without Wings said, people commit suicide because they have personal issues with themselves, not because a song told them to.

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC

Ethnicity: Australian

Family Situation (eg. Parents divorced, Remarried): Parents divorced, mum remarried

Favourite Music Genres: I go by song, not really genre

Why do you listen to this particular genre of music? see above

What is your parent(s)/caregiver(s) reactions to your choice of music? They don't mind it except when I sing too loud and they make me shut my door :p

Do you see yourself as similar to those bands/singers you idolise? Yes [ ] No [x]Why/Why not? Because most of them are pretty weird and they are also rich and famous. Doesn't really appeal to me... except maybe the rich part

How many hours, a day, do you spend listening to music and/or watching music videos? Normally one or two

Please explain
I often listen to songs that suit my mood at the time, and I know people who act like their favourite popstar.

I think it may have a small influence and I don't agree with songs that encourage it but I don't think it can be directly blamed. There are so many other things that have a bigger influence.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC

Ethnicity: Mixed

Family Situation (eg. Parents divorced, Remarried): Parents married

Favourite Music Genres: Alternative, Punk rock, Hip-hop/Dance (sometimes)
Why do you listen to this particular genre of music? Because I like it.. and the lyrics are more appealing to me..

What is your parent(s)/caregiver(s) reactions to your choice of music? They don't care what music I listen to, though they like r&b and older stuff.

Do you see yourself as similar to those bands/singers you idolise? Yes [ ] No [x]Why/Why not? Not really, they seem to be at either end of the extreme scale- hardly living 'normal' lives as I do.

How many hours, a day, do you spend listening to music and/or watching music videos? 2

Please explain.
It depends on the lyrics and the situation that I'm in.. but mostly it is quite easy to relate this to my own life.

I don't think that music would be a BIG enough influence.. these people are already having problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)