PLEASE HELP with this redox/half equation question (1 Viewer)

emily_02

HSC
hi everyone im very very very stuck on this question if anyone can help please DO
Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 8.58.07 PM.png

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
hi everyone im very very very stuck on this question if anyone can help please DO
View attachment 34363
Sadly this was the best answer I could come up with after much thinking, those electrons are leaving a lingering feeling but yeah theres probably someone a lot smarter here that can give you the right answer in the case of that answer not being right.

Edit: Urgghh second time posting it upside down :( sorry about that

emily_02

HSC
Sadly this was the best answer I could come up with after much thinking, those electrons are leaving a lingering feeling but yeah theres probably someone a lot smarter here that can give you the right answer in the case of that answer not being right.

Edit: Urgghh second time posting it upside down :( sorry about that
hiiii there thank you so much for trying to help but the answer at the back of the book says Cr2O7-2 + 14H- + 3Fe → 2Cr3+ + 7H2O + 3Fe2+
(rip me) i would say you're pretty close though. unfortunately the answer at the back doesn't have working

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
hiiii there thank you so much for trying to help but the answer at the back of the book says Cr2O7-2 + 14H- + 3Fe → 2Cr3+ + 7H2O + 3Fe2+
(rip me) i would say you're pretty close though. unfortunately the answer at the back doesn't have working
There's a super high chance that it isn't actually mean't to be H- (meaning the textbook must have made an error) otherwise it works out completely fine when it is H+ (I am hoping this is the case ;) )

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

emily_02

HSC
There's a super high chance that it isn't actually mean't to be H- (meaning the textbook must have made an error) otherwise it works out completely fine when it is H+ (I am hoping this is the case ;) )

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
i accidentally typed a H- instead of a H+, sorry about that. That means your working should be correct :D thank you so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)