• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

PLEASE HELP! Writing a story based upon another. (1 Viewer)

BouncyBrittonie

HSC
Hello! I have an urgent question, for my extension major i have complied a set of short stories, each based around a theme. But one of these stories, is based of a manga (graphic novel) short. Based off yes, but i have changed most of the story, it is not written word for word, i have noted down in my journal of this, and have also added at the beginning that it is 'inspired by such and such'.

But i still have a bad feeling, are we allowed to do this? Does anybody know how i can contact the board of studies to ask them?

I'm desperate here and worrying a lot, the story i have written is perfect and finished, my teacher has commented that it is beautifully written and nothing should be changed...

so... help! please?

jimmayyy

HSC
cant see it being a problem. whether the markers will appreciate/respect such a concept is another question

digressing slightly - do u go to greystanes high? if so, do you know a big bloke named joel in your year?

if you do, can you go up to him tomoro and say "roll out to the shire kent james is keen for an esh, your shout"

plz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)