Please Read (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Hey all,

You'll notice that I've stickied a couple of threads for this semester. From now on I'll sticky threads for the current semester - please keep all general chit chat about the subject in here - this includes assessments, bitching about lecturers, asking questions etc. It just makes the place neater.

At the end of the exam period I'll lock and un-sticky the threads.

There are still a few popular subjects (like INFS) that don't have threads yet, so start them up and I'll sticky them for you.

Additionally, I'm thinking of putting together a course specific thread so that when the Year 12's start wandering in here to ask about courses we can direct them there. If you're interested in writing something for this let me know.

I'd also like to hear your ideas on a "Student Testimonials" thread for Unit of Studies - this could also be helpful for the new recruits next year.

Thanks guys & good luck for this semester

-ujuphleg

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
Ease up there old feller. There are like 6 people who post here.

jpr333

HSC
Not a big fan of stickied threads for collective use myself.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Its my opinion that they are more useful than a million threads saying "OGM DID ANYONE GO TO TODAYS LECTURE COS I WAS SICK!!!!" or "HOW ANNOYING IS THIS ASSIGNMENT I'M STRESSING MAJORLY!!!"

As this is a uni forum, I'm moderating it less strictly than an HSC forum, mainly keeping the place tidy. Completley irrelevant posts are of course removed, but I'm not going to try and tell people that they can only talk about the subject matter itself in here.

EDIT:

The last time I looked

yvonne_710
5c
jpr333
sarevok
Calculon
sweetgurl
kow_dude
ToO LaZy ^*
invoiced
absolution*
1Time4thePpl
fush
myg0t
Not-That-Bright
Sarah168
llamalope

just to name a few...

did not equal 6 people...

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Actually, I liked the old haphazard way. It wasn't so problematic and we could find our way around quite easily lol

but i guess i could tolerate a bunch of stickies. thanks anyway susan :)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
If there was some way to alphabeticise or otherwise re-organise the sectioning of subjects id prefer it. As it is i think its quite good as long as new threads are continously stickied.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
im unsure about this as well. it's just that something comes up that you need everyone to see like "help please with econometrics assignment"
but if its just a ECMT1010 thread (like what happened) people stop looking in it for replies.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ah good point stas. I didnt think of that. Also, all the individual "night before 2500 wd essay freak out" sessions will be gone :(

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Sarah168 said:
ah good point stas. I didnt think of that. Also, all the individual "night before 2500 wd essay freak out" sessions will be gone :(
heheh yeah those are great. where i stay up the whole night and dont sleep. usually grace would stay till the morning too, but grace is RIP from bos

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Well the idea is that those are to happen in the threads.

They won't be the same threads each semester, so they won't be clogged with several semesters worth of stuff. New semester will mean new subjects and new threads.

Lets trial it for a bit and see how it goes.... If by week 5 we reckon it really isn't working then lets scrap it. I just thought that, since there is a manageable small group of regular posting friends in here we might keep the house a little cleaner. :)

Thanks for the input though guys...

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Hey all,

The stickies aren't really working and the clog up the whole top of the page, so I'm scrapping the system.

Haphazardness shall reign supreme! (like our SRC :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)