• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

pompeii sources (1 Viewer)

lambird

HSC
in the syllabus where it says

the evidence provided by the sources from Pompeii and Herculaneum for:

-the eruption
-the economy
etc

is it actually asking us about the eruption and all the other points, or is it to talk about the sources regarding these things?

if that makes sense =)

Robbbbbbbb

HSC
lambird said:
in the syllabus where it says

the evidence provided by the sources from Pompeii and Herculaneum for:

-the eruption
-the economy
etc

is it actually asking us about the eruption and all the other points, or is it to talk about the sources regarding these things?

if that makes sense =)
because it says that its "the evidence provided by the sources" I think that it would be that you would be expected to talk about it so say a question might be

discuss the economy with reference to the sources that have been found from Pompeii and Herculaneum?

at least thats how i understand it!

k8kate

Class of 06
HSC
what pompeii sources do you guys know well/can quote?
I havent started studying core topic yet..

Eusebius

Oxford Member
HSC
Theres some many, probably like to start with Pliny the Younger's Letters. Thats a no brainer.

bleedandheal

HSC
hello everyone
i've also got a question regarding sources
for my speech i have to refer to 5 primary sources.. the only problem is that the only things i find is photgraphs people have taken from pompeii and herc. I haven't found evidence of actual sources of the time..like a wall painting or a person at the time writing a diary entry. does anyone know good textbooks to found primary sources from pompeii and herc regarding baths, clothing etc because the internet is no help

Loza33

HSC
bleedandheal said:
hello everyone
i've also got a question regarding sources
for my speech i have to refer to 5 primary sources.. the only problem is that the only things i find is photgraphs people have taken from pompeii and herc. I haven't found evidence of actual sources of the time..like a wall painting or a person at the time writing a diary entry. does anyone know good textbooks to found primary sources from pompeii and herc regarding baths, clothing etc because the internet is no help
I just had to do an assessment with 10 primary sources.... I used stuff like; Pliny the Youngers letters, the graffiti on the walls, a painting or two, the remains of an old house, skeletons, some silverware, and so forth.....

A really good book that i used was "Cities of Vesuivius - Pompeii and Herculaneum" , Pamela Bradley

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4695097.stm - that was where i got the silverware source

http://vulcan.fis.uniroma3.it/vesuvio/gifs/gruppo.gif

http://www.waonline.org.uk/sites/site00035/site00035.htm

and they are some skeleton sources

I really hope that helps!!

xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)