Possible Alternate Pathway Into Combined USYD Law (1 Viewer)

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
So, I've got my heart set on doing a combined Arts/Law degree at USYD, I've looked at other universities but I feel that USYD would be the most convenient and beneficial for me. I'm a high achiever and I'm fairly confident I can get in the high 98s-low 99s ATAR range minimum (please excuse my egotism), but getting 99.7 would be a bit of a challenge. I was thinking that if I don't get the ATAR I want I'll just start the Arts degree and transfer to Law after the first year.

I've got two questions though, firstly, is it worth doing that, or will I be impeded with too much work in the first year or two? Also, will I still be able to finish the Arts degree after three years, or will that be deferred when I start law, or will I have to drop the Arts altogether?

Thanks.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Nah, you'll be fine. Heaps of people choose this pathway. In fact, you may have a slight advantage, particularly when it comes to 4th year, since you'll be doing 2 law subjects a semester for the first three years, you'll adjust to fourth year extremely well.

You will finish your Arts after your first three years. Then move onto law in 4th and 5th year.

izzy88

HSC
Just make sure you do as well as possible in your first year of uni in order to transfer - I think there is a thread either in this forum or the general law one where people gave their averages and uai's and if they managed a transfer.

It is quite competitive - you will need a D average and a high uai - probably above 98 judging from previous years - but of course it always depends on demand.

If you do transfer, you won't be disadvantaged at all :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)