possible or impossible? (1 Viewer)

janev

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone! So i go to a school that is ranked among the lowest of the lowest and i was wondering if it was possible to get a 99+? I hear that if everyone in your class performs badly, then ultimately your score will be scaled down and a whole lot of other things as well. Now, i know some of the other kids that are going to be in my class next year for Year 11 (i'm in year 10 atm) are going to slack off. Simply because they are the kids who tend to fail subjects, skip school, misbehave and etc. I want to get the best possible ATAR but i'm afraid it's impossible. If i get band 6's for everything, will i be okay?
I was thinking about selective schools but the enrollment JUST closed yesterday (what bad luck).
If it matters, i'm doing 3u math, eng ext 1, legal studies, economics and modern history.
Thanks in advance, guys!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
As long as you top your subjects, it won't matter. Keep in mind that 99 plus is a very hard mark to get, and you won't have the benefits that many selective schools offer. However, it is still entirely possible to get.

madharris

HSC
N/A
You can get 99+ if you go to any school, you just need to put in the effort.
If you're the top of your classes and you do extremely well in your externals, there's no reason you can get 99+

Remember school rankings are based on the number of band 6's.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Most of the slackers won't end up disrupting your subs anyway, only potentially in legal and tehy'll probs drop for yr 12.

Super duper entirely possible for 99+ at any school provided you do well!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
As long as you top your subjects, it won't matter. Keep in mind that 99 plus is a very hard mark to get, and you won't have the benefits that many selective schools offer. However, it is still entirely possible to get.
^ most important thing (bolded)

If you want to get 99+, you should be whipping your other classmates marks-wise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)