Possible to transfer from Combined Law to Combined Law (at another uni)? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Yeah, I know it's weird, but is it possible to transfer from a combined law course such as Arts/Law from say, UWS or Macquarie to the combined law/arts in USYD or UNSW without having to repeat the first year course?

rx34

HSC
Yes it is possible to transfer and get credit exemptions for first year. You need to get either a distinction average or an ATAR>96 and distinction average to successfully transfer.

Staying discipline for one year straight and studying hard is quite difficult, at least for me. Good luck in your offers tmr :)

HSC
^ Thanks :) I did get into the combined law course I wanted, so that's a plus!

Just wondering, if my ATAR is higher than 96, would I still need a distinction average? And would the transfer to a different uni mean I would be doing Graduate Law, or the same combined law degree?

rx34

HSC
If ur ATAR is significantly above 96, say 98.5 to 99.5, you might only need a credit average. Check out the transfers sticky by frigid, it shows u how to calculate ur NRSL index. You need at least above 96.15 for both USyd n UNSW. I got an NRSL of 97. You will be doing the same combined degree if u transfer in 2nd year, not grad law.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)