Postmodern Theatre (1 Viewer)

gorgo31

HSC
Well, with a bit under three weeks to go before handing in, I'm making the finishing touches to my major work. But last night, while trying to avoid formatting and editing, I decided to do a little research into Postmodern Theatre. I'd heard the term coined so much and I had no idea as to what it actually entails.

Turns out my script is about as Postmodern as it can get :(

So I was wondering if anyone else had some resources or names of scripts that are classified as Postmodern? Or even if anyone is writing a Postmodern script? I'm going to need to hit the books for my reflection statement, it seems.

Anyhow, good luck with trials everyone!

Pointy Ears

HSC
Hmmm... sounds interesting.
I reckon that if u want some more resources, u should post this on the 'general' part of the forum, cos as u can see, this sub forum is pretty dead :)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Why have a sad emoticon about your work being postmodern? It's a godsend! Think about all the bullshit you can include in your reflection statement. Mine is also postmodern both in concern and style. I can't wait to read them all once we've handed them in. Sorry, can't help you much on the postmodernist theatre because I really haven't done the research yet.

gorgo31

HSC
Thanks for the help guys. Will keep searching / looking for info.

I'm not sure if it's a godsend purely cause I've deliberately tried to avoid any kind of postmodernism in what I'm doing. I'm the only scriptwriter in an EE2 class with 11 short story writers, and I've noticed that they've all manipulated their works to use all that postmodern bullshit; most of them because they're worried markers will hate their works if they are linear narratives. I didn't want to fall into that trap, feels a bit like a betrayal of my major work. But then again, this course is as much about "playing the game" and receiving a high mark as it is about creative integrity.

And I too can't wait to read what everyone's written - should be very, very interesting :)

Bowds

HSC-ified
HSC
May I ask what postmodern techniques you used? I'm looking at more of a surreal feel but postmodernism does link in somewhere.

Love, Oman

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)