Postmodernism- Related Texts!! (1 Viewer)

bigster001

HSC
anyone got some good ides for some po mo related texts ( things other then movies would be good)

anyone thinking of doing some of samuel becketts stuff? we got some of his short plays from the teachers at school like Krapps last tape, play etc and they reckon they are a good idea...

or a simpsons episode?

know where there are any good po mo articles or short stories that can be good for analysis?

BRAINSTORM PEOPLE!!!!

Lolliana

why cant you use simpons stuff? a couple people in my school are doing it?

janette turner hospital short stories are good for postmodernism
so is don de lilo's stuff (novels, but they are short)
im doin dead doll humility by cathy acker (a poem)
you could also find some feminist writing (you know of the type williamson satorises in DWM)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
im using dead doll humility as well

but yeah, i think simpsons stuff would be looked down on.. i mean yes, at a stretch, it is postmodern, but so is everything on tv these days. i think what the markers are looking for is something which espouses po-mo concepts etc in a more 'intellectual' :)rolleyes: ) way

josh_184927

dude, whoever is saying not to use simpsons episodes is STOOPID, mate simpsons episodes are truly one of the mot common forms of expressing themes of pomo. and anyone who writes about hte simpsons well is gonna get kik ass marks in the hsc

josh_184927

dude, whoever is saying not to use simpsons episodes is STOOPID, mate simpsons episodes are truly one of the mot common forms of expressing themes of pomo. and anyone who writes about hte simpsons well is gonna get kik ass marks in the hsc

josh_184927

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
dude whoever doesnt know how to use a forum is kinda stupid looking too now aint they :) .. especially since those three posts are your only ones....

...im using Kill Bill Volume one or Pulp Fiction..havent decided yet...and Adaptations...

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
ahahaha.

on another note-- i can't even locate one of my related texts (Atonement) and have not rehired Mulholland Drive to make notes for that. panickpanickpaaiiiiinnick.

sugared plum

HSC
blahhh I am now in a panic too. My school chose crime fiction - I totally hate it and haven't watched the movie or read the novel in entirety because they're just so fucking boring.
And so, being totally irrational, I think I will do pomo in the hope of actually getting some marks in the exam.
Ohhhh tomorrow is going to be baaaaaaaad.

DIE CRIME FICTION YOU ARE SHIT.

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
omg DO IT. postmodernism that is. i couldn't imagine doing crime fiction anyway and what you're thinking is daring and brave,

DARING AND BRAVE!

(did anyone else just realise that the exam is tomorrow MORNING and not tomorrow MIDDAY? ugh. could i be any more pathetic and screwed. :( )

sugared plum

HSC
hahah, gloria* most people would say manic and idiotic, and shake their heads slowly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)