Powerplay (1 Viewer)

zakkaczmarek

We are doing 1984 and have to do this assessment next week and bring in two other supplementary texts....anyone give me any suggestions would help.

i have thought about using "wag the Dog' the movie but i didnt like usiing last year in a similar assessment with Julius Caesar....and i am not allowed to use Caesar...any suggestions would be great Thanks!!!!!!!

golf_punk

i guess you could use antony and cleopatra...not to meantion in our extension english we are doing 1984, so you could probably look up notes on that in the extension forum.

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
NO! It is very very stupid to use another text on the board of studies text lists. The markers dont know which text you were supposed to know in detail which is a very bad idea.

1984 is a novel, so think of different text types such as photographs, movies, songs etc. If you have a strong stomach, Once Were Warriors could be a good movie.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier and the movie Cruel Intentions.

golf_punk

WILMO
it's actually not a very very stupid idea as my teacher actually called the board of studies information line to confirm that it wasn't a stupid thing to do. Markers assess us on our understanding of not only our core texts but also our supplimentaries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)