Predicting AOS section 3 essay (1 Viewer)

Dogggiessss

HSC
I hope it's something to do with the gaining of a new understanding or transformation

What's everyone else's thoughts?

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
"Though often challenging and confronting, discoveries may lead us to new worlds and values leading to new understandings and renewed perceptions of our selves and others."

To what extent has this been your experience when examining your P text and at least 69 other related texts?

Bestintheworld

HSC
"Though often challenging and confronting, discoveries may lead us to new worlds and values leading to new understandings and renewed perceptions of our selves and others."
fk. My essay would love this question.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC

To what extent has this been your experience when examining your P text and at least 69 other related texts?
But honestly, if that is the question, im going to be absolutely ecstatic (minus the 69 RT bit XD)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
But honestly, if that is the question, im going to be absolutely ecstatic (minus the 69 RT bit XD)
I'm also hoping that they'll ask that question on Thursday! Fingers crossed!!! My essay will fit perfectly with the question- since it's very generic.

And yes, no 69 RT's huehue.

mrstripedshades

HSC
idk I have a bad feeling they may do 2 related texts though but I really hope they dont as I havent prepared a 2nd related atm (may not even tho and just use one of the stimulus booklet ones lmao) and Imo its much harder to write good essays in the time frame when 2 related texts are asked for.

Dogggiessss

HSC

To what extent has this been your experience when examining your P text and at least 69 other related texts?[/QUOTE
I hope that is the question that's what my whole essay is based on.

Shuuya

HSC
Looks like we're all screwed if its not on renewed perceptions rip

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
To be honest though, given how many essay questions i have seen on renewed perceptions and new understandings-I honestly don't think board of studies would do an essay question on such a common theme this year-although I am open to be proven wrong of course :)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
To be honest though, given how many essay questions i have seen on renewed perceptions and new understandings-I honestly don't think board of studies would do an essay question on such a common theme this year-although I am open to be proven wrong of course :)
Ohh geez... I definitely wanted to see a post like this, 2 days out from the exam...

UnbiasedProductivity

The lurker.
HSC
As long as it's not about unplanned or unexpected discoveries, I should be alright. Because none of Robert Gray's poems are unexpected. Well, I mean I could beat around the question and talk about how it's unexpected to the responders.

Changed perceptions/transformations would be an absolute gift from BOSTES.

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Guys, your job is to answer the question and nothing but the question, hence you need to be prepared for ALL POSSIBILITIES-wishing questions to be a certain way is one thing, but what the question actually is/will be is another, hence make sure in the actual exam you are actually answering WHAT THE QUESTION IS, NOT WHAT YOU WISH/THINK THE QUESTION IS. As much as wishful thinking can make us comfortable with whatever it is you have prepared, but be prepared for what you haven't prepared-because basically anything from discovery rubric that was not asked last year can be asked this year.

Thus I strongly advise you guys-if there is any part of the discovery rubric you haven't prepared for, at the very least, think about how you could potentially adapt your current essays/ideas to those areas-you still have 2 more days-which is plenty of time if you use it wisely.

screammoo

HSC
I just hope they wont ask for two related texts for both AOS and other modules. Otherwise I'm out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)