• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

preliminary offers? (1 Viewer)

DaZ-W

HSC
who gets a preliminary offer and if u do how long do u have to accept it?

SoFTuaRiaL

preliminary offers are given to the following ppl
1. international student applying thru uac
2. students applying for a masters degree
3. students for whom the uai is not at all considered while giving a seat (for transferring students, the uai IS considered, so they dont fall under this category)

How do you apply for a masters? dont you already have to have a bachelors? so are you saying that even uni students have to be accepted and apply through UAC (in a separate field) to be eligible for a higher degree?

SoFTuaRiaL

i'm not too sure, but the uac website has 2 sections - one for undergrad and one for postgrad ..... but u can apply directly to the uni as well, as a cousin of mine did recently .....

stephen_brightm

re: preliminary offers

Preliminary offers in 2005 are offered in the ACT (by UC and ANU) to
1. Students doing courses such as the PhB at ANU which is based on other stuff like an interview, references etc
2. Engineering students (incl. software engineering) 'cause they need the extra students
3. UC also offered prelminary offers to anyone with a high enough UAI to achieve the UC course cutoff that had UC course as first preference
4. ANU offered a lot of preliminary offers to people with high UAIs (like I got a laws/commerce combined offer in preliminary round with a UAI of 99.20)

In other unis, preliminary offers operate as mentioned in an earlier post in this forum thread.

Thats all

sTeVe

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
I rang UAC about 15 mins before the main round offers came out, being optimistic. To my total shock, it told me I had a preliminary offer to do arts/law at ANU...my UAI was a fair bit higher than the cut-off so that would explain it, but I never got a letter offering me a spot in the prelim round. Then when the main round came out it said I had been offered the same course. Stephen, did you get a prelim letter of offer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)