Primary education (1 Viewer)

missylicious

HSC
hi
i have an ambition of becoming a primary school teacher and this year i will be sitting for my hsc.
i really want to go to university but i know i'm not that bright.. i always seem to get average marks or abit above average marks =/
is there a way i can still get into a primary education course at any uni in NSW or QLD that requires a minimum uai of 60? i browsed around,mainly at last year's uac guide and some information on undergraduate courses from this yr from 2 different unis and the lowest was 70 somethingto 80 something.

Last edited:

missylicious

HSC
wat kind of related courses? please give me some examples!
wow kool! u wanna become a primary skool teacher too! none of my guy frends are into teachng kids .. i dotn think they evn like kids lol .. but i do have a male fren who wants to become a child care worker tho =)
good luck to you 2, Mc Meaney =D

BronwynKate

HSC
We need more male teachers and child care workers! Good luck to your friends, missylicious.

I hope you do get into primary education.

You don't have to be too bright to be a teacher. You just have to answer the children's questions and take them to the next level.

Not to say that there isn't a heap of complicated pedalogy that teachers have to learn.

Hang around a good teacher board and you may well learn some tricks of the trade. Also read teacher memoirs and prepare yourself mentally for your own classroom.

In Melbourne you can. At La Trobe and Victoria University. Monash and Melbourne may be tricky. Deakin is the best for young primary school teachers I know. My Dad trained many years ago at Burwood Teachers College and has so many friends from his teaching days. We're going to see some on Good Friday; they are now teaching in Indonesia. Don't worry, they're in Melbourne; I'm not going to Indonesia though I will do so in the future and teach English.

missylicious

HSC
koolies!
well i know it's not that much work helping out lil kiddies .. im just worried that i wont make it into that course because i mite not get the UAI for it ..
well thank you BronwynKate =)
have fun on Good Friday then =D
wow 'Burwood Teachers College ' aye? can you do a course from there that would transfer you to uni?

Last edited:

missylicious

HSC
really?? how long does the tafe course usually take?
thanks Without Wings =)

missylicious

HSC
thank you Without Wings! i'll go n have a look at those sites =) they should be very helpful for me .
thats a good idea, i should ask my careers advisor =)
thanks to everyone who replied
=D

"Chubby"

HSC
回复: Primary education

missylicious said:
hi
i have an ambition of becoming a primary school teacher and this year i will be sitting for my hsc.
i really want to go to university but i know i'm not that bright.. i always seem to get average marks or abit above average marks =/
is there a way i can still get into a primary education course at any uni in NSW or QLD that requires a minimum uai of 60? i browsed around,mainly at last year's uac guide and some information on undergraduate courses from this yr from 2 different unis and the lowest was 70 somethingto 80 something.

hey, your exactly like me!!!!!!! wow!!! lol...ummm in the newspaper last yr for the Uni offers 2006 it said that at the Australian Catholic university, bachelor of education(primary) is 67.15. That's the lowest of every single uni i think.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
BronwynKate said:
You don't have to be too bright to be a teacher.

Since when??? What if you get a really bright kid in your class who is interested in Quantum Physics for example?? Do you hold that child back becuase you're not bright enough to answer their question???

Really, grow a brain

c-town

HSC
Hey, I change my mind every 5 minutes about what I wana do but at the moment I'm serz thinking of being a Primary school teacher lol! I think it's such a worthwhile job and such an important part of childrens lives.

missylicious

HSC
Re: 回复: Primary education

LoL wow ''Chubby'' thats kool! not many of my frends wanna become primary school teachers.. most of them arent a fan of children.
67.15? thats an alrite mark aye?
koolies c-town..! we need more male primary teachers like what BronwynKate said =)

missylicious

HSC
so PrincessSJ, have u ever came across a child who was into Quantum Physics ? lol i would find that odd if a child were to be interested in stuff like that rather than his/her toys.. hmm who knows maybe there are chilldren who are intellectuals aye?

BronwynKate

HSC
I would be quite bright enough to attempt to answer the child's question and point him/her to resources that would help her figure it out herself.

Now if the child asked if there were a Flying Spaghetti Monster ...

Teachers have to acknowledge their limitations.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
missylicious said:
so PrincessSJ, have u ever came across a child who was into Quantum Physics ? lol i would find that odd if a child were to be interested in stuff like that rather than his/her toys.. hmm who knows maybe there are chilldren who are intellectuals aye?

Yes, I've come across lots who are interested in higher order thinking subjects like Quantum Physics, or higher level maths skills...... HELLO!! Of course there are children who are intellectuals, otherwise what are we teaching them for??? if they weren't intellectuals we could just give them a few video games and leave them alone..... OF COURSE they're intellectuals...every one of them... which means if they're interested in Quantum Physics we do our best to provide them with opportunities to explore it. I'm not saying that I know everything about Quantum Physics, but when I come across a child that's interested, I extend them in every way that I know how.. then encourage them to find out more from other sources.......... If I held them back in the first place, they would lose interest and the world would lose a great scientist to boring video games..... its a kind of sad situation isn't it??

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
oh if only we could still rep!!

I agree WithoutWings.. hit the proverbial nail on the head!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)