Problem - Need Advice (1 Viewer)

Morgues

I got the flu fairly bad at the moment, literally had to crawl here to post this
I am hoping it will pass by Monday but if not what should I do??
Got no idea what my options are - trust this to happen to me

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Get a doctor's certificate, ring your school, make sure the exam supervisor knows ASAP and apply for illness/misadventure.

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
"Go see a doctor. Listen to Laz."
"You don't have to stop studying, but I think just read the stuff you've got if you need to."
"Change clothes, and new sheets (hopefully your parents can do that.). Keep warm, and use lots of tissues. you'll need to sterilise the place... or just take a chair outside and sit in the shade. Oh, yeah, and water. Lots of water.":)

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Laz? Verify that Bon's statement is correct, please. I don't think they take notes or anything... I thought that, unless you became sick in the exam, the exam marks you get count.

*Verify*:)

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
Isn't there some kind of misadventure thing where you sit the exam, but fill in a form or something. Then when the marks come back, you get either your exam mark or some other in school assessment mark, whichever is higher.

Morgues

thanks for the advice
I am thiking unless I feel totally stuffed on Monday of just taking a hell of a lot of antibiotics and just doing the exam......
besides if I dont like the question I always got the option of vomiting all over the paper

funkydish

don't take antibiotics! it won't work on the flu coz it's a virus and not bacteria.

just lotsa rest and water and follow the other post's advice.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by user
Isn't there some kind of misadventure thing where you sit the exam, but fill in a form or something. Then when the marks come back, you get either your exam mark or some other in school assessment mark, whichever is higher.
I believe this is correct (exam mark or your moderated assessment mark as your exam mark). I know it is imperative that you tell the exam supervisor ASAP if you think your performance might be affected by illness etc as well, otherwise you cannot apply for illness/misadventure!

You should still make your best effort to sit the exam

Good luck dude - we all hope everything works out for you!

Christine

beige member
HSC
hope u get well soon !!

if u don't make it to the exam its not the end of the world - i had to leave 1/2 through my english modules trial because i was sick.

Don't stress about it now - just see how u feel on the day and take it as it comes!!

liz

HSC
Hey i had a bad flu too. I couldn't study for nearly the whole two weeks of the holidays. I still got the flu but its alot better now.

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
Found it
In teh rules and procedures book it says that
"if you cannot attend an examination because of illness of msiadventure, notify yoru school principal immeddiately

If illness of misadventure occurs before the exmination and you are still able to attend, notify the presiding officer when entering the examinaiton.

You must notify the presiding offier at every examination session in which you consider your performamces may have been affected by illness or misadventure

It is important to attend the examination where possible, ven in the case of illness/misadventure. The baord will not accept an illness/misadventure appeal if the reason fo rhte ansence is not considered to be sufficeintly serious. YOu should consult your shool principal before deciding not to attend an examination. Professional advice (eg from a doctor) must also be provided with your appeal, indicating why you were unfot to atend the examination

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)