Processes used to produce Transgenes (1 Viewer)

04er

HSC
Do we need to know the stuff about restriction enzymes, DNA ligases, and polymerase chain reaction? And if we do, does the formation of recombinant DNA come before 'microinjection', T plasmids, Biolistics and electroporation? Thanks heaps!

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
I think your going into a little to much detail
If your talking about DNA hybridisation, you jsut need to know the basic process: DNA is extracted from cells. It is heated and the double strands of DNA separate. Restriction enzymes are used to snip the strands into smaller pieces. Then the DNA of two different species is mixed together. As the DNA cools the strands collide into each other and realign to form double stranded DNA.

Im not to sure about the recombinant DNA part of your question, though i dont think so.

04er

HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
I think your going into a little to much detail
If your talking about DNA hybridisation, you jsut need to know the basic process: DNA is extracted from cells. It is heated and the double strands of DNA separate. Restriction enzymes are used to snip the strands into smaller pieces. Then the DNA of two different species is mixed together. As the DNA cools the strands collide into each other and realign to form double stranded DNA.

Im not to sure about the recombinant DNA part of your question, though i dont think so.
i'm not referring to hybridisation. This is the part on transgenic species...

malkin86

HSC
if you're doing Genetics Code Broken, yes. not so sure for blueprint, though.

Mendo

HSC
Well im pretty sure we only got into recombinant DNA when we did Genetics code broken. I've found in bio the best thing to do is remember everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)