• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Projectile Motion (1 Viewer)

ajtho777

HSC
Hey all, I'm having a bit of trouble with this question. If you could help and also give reasoning/explanation that would be wonderful!

A garden sprinkler sprays water symmetrically about its vertical axis at a constant
speed of metres per second. The initial direction of the spray varies continuously between angles of and to the horizontal.

(i) Prove that, from a fixed position on level ground, the sprinkler will wet the
surface of an annular region with centre and with internal and external radii metres and metres respectively.

(ii) Deduce that, by locating the sprinkler appropriately relative to a rectangular
garden bed of size 6 metres by 3 metres, the entire bed may be watered provided that .

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Values/expressions appear to be missing. Please include them so that you may receive assistance. I can post solutions, although I need to know the version of this question that you are attempting since there is more than one version of this question, with slightly different values. :)

jaemie06

HSC
this was an 4u question in 1979, and the last q on the killara '2020 3u trial, which should have solutions.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Killara ext 1 2020 Q14c
14c.png
1s.png
2s.png
3s.png

Last edited:

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Just a technical matter, but the last step in Killara solutions should replace ± with +

I thought I had solutions to the 1979 HSC but seem to have lost them. I will try to find later, but they should be similar to the Killara solutions.

Last edited:

jaemie06

HSC
Just a technical matter, but the last step in Killara solutions should replace ± with +

I thought I had solutions to the 1979 HSC but seem to have lost them. I will try to find later, but they should be similar to the Killara solutions.
there are pre 1990 4u solutions? - where would i find these?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)