Psychology..which uni has the best course? (1 Viewer)

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
Heyz all
i wuz just wondering what the best uni to do psych at is? (does that make sense :p) im now in yr 12 and taken a real interest in psych..anyways catch yaz :D

pri

HSC
N/A
I wanna do psych too so if anyone has clues to the best uni, please divulge!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I think sydney does
but dont forget UNSW :p

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Hmmm... the psych lectures attract so many people the lect. theatres' (and tutorials, & stuff) usually overfilled. You might want to keep that in mind.

esp. when unis are underfunded across the state.

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
I'm not sure about USyd, but they'd probably be good.

But UNSW is very good in Psyc. :)

Torch

Guess I should say hi first.. :wave: Hi!

I'm interested in Psych as well... but I don't do science anymore, and only have general maths. While I don't do science, I do still have an interest in it, and did pretty well at it during upto year 10 (I was just better at humanities than science... :rolleyes: ) Would a bridging course in maths help? Would I be able to handle the course work without having done science in senior high?

Can I do BA/BSc and do Psych in Science?

Cheers!

Last edited:

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
Originally posted by Torch

I'm interested in Psych as well... but I don't do science anymore, and only have general maths.
Can I do BA/BSc and do Psych in Science?

HEy :apig: i do senior science its not really a great science thing for psych lol anyway. i do general maths too, but i wanted to do psych through arts, not science.

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
You guys interested in USyd only?

in UNSW ( :p ) you can do a BSc or BA to do Psych. :) But the BA doesn't have the 4th year option so you have to transfer to BSc/BPsyc/BAdvSc or something like that then.

I don't think there are really any necessary requirements regarding maths skill and science units. No tmuch maths is in Psyc yet, maybe in the scientific methods bits then there will be. But we got the good old calculator to help us. :p

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
Originally posted by FunkyFlava
You guys interested in USyd only?

I don't think there are really any necessary requirements regarding maths skill and science units. No tmuch maths is in Psyc yet, maybe in the scientific methods bits then there will be. But we got the good old calculator to help us. :p
so are u a psych student? wat kinda scientific methods??? :confused:

Torch

I'm actually leaning more towards New South, but the thread was opened here, so I asked my questions :)

I want to do Psych in Science mainly because I want to do History/Sociology in arts.. and I wanted to do Forensic Pyschology once I finshed, and need the 4 years to do that.. hmm.. I think.

Hey, I know this is a Sydney thread, but I wanted to ask, does anyone know if I'd be able to do Criminology under an arts degree?

Cheers :)

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
Originally posted by Torch
I'm actually leaning more towards New South, but the thread was opened here, so I asked my questions :)

I want to do Psych in Science mainly because I want to do History/Sociology in arts.. and I wanted to do Forensic Pyschology once I finshed, and need the 4 years to do that.. hmm.. I think.

Hey, I know this is a Sydney thread, but I wanted to ask, does anyone know if I'd be able to do Criminology under an arts degree?

Cheers :)
Not with arts at sydney. I didn't even know Sydney offered Criminology. What is criminology anyway... the psychology of criminals?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)