Psychology? (1 Viewer)

specificagent1

HSC
I was wondering given that to become a psychologist you are required to get a masters in clinical psych, what happens if you do not reach the required WAM threshold and hence can't apply for the masters? What's the pathways?

quickoats

HSC
You need to fulfil the requirements for entry into Honours in order to complete honours, then compete for entry into masters (a lot of stages to get through). If you don't manage to get to the MClinPsych stage of things (as most people won't, sadly, as there aren't many spots available), you have the option of becoming a registered psychologist (not clinical). You can read more on the 4+2 or 5+1 pathways on the APS website.
1634351043453.png

Since becoming a psychologist is a long slog, you should be open to some alternative options should things not go your way i.e. getting a license in counselling, therapy etc

specificagent1

HSC
You need to fulfil the requirements for entry into Honours in order to complete honours, then compete for entry into masters (a lot of stages to get through). If you don't manage to get to the MClinPsych stage of things (as most people won't, sadly, as there aren't many spots available), you have the option of becoming a registered psychologist (not clinical). You can read more on the 4+2 or 5+1 pathways on the APS website.
View attachment 32774

Since becoming a psychologist is a long slog, you should be open to some alternative options should things not go your way i.e. getting a license in counselling, therapy etc
4 + 2 appears to be getting phased out. Anyways what is the difference between general v clinical

quickoats

HSC
4 + 2 appears to be getting phased out. Anyways what is the difference between general v clinical
Have a look on the website for an in depth look. From what I know, it's something to do with medicare billing but I'm sure there's more to it.

specificagent1

HSC
Have a look on the website for an in depth look. From what I know, it's something to do with medicare billing but I'm sure there's more to it.
There should be an easy to read version of all this because it's doing my head in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)