quantum 2005 (1 Viewer)

HNCS

Fanatic
HSC
Anyone here that knows about the latest news in the Quantum field?? I watched the lecture of the Nobel Prize Physics 2004, it was based on Quantum machanics. I'm not so sure, but there is something different to the standard model?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
The 2004 Nobel Prize in Physics was awarded for an improved set of equations describing the Strong Nuclear Force.

The Standard Model of the Matter is the main particle physic model, although what causes those particles is debated. There are a few threads on String Theory around which attempts to explain the creation of those particles.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
I think M-Theory is the lastest theory, an evolution of String Theory (String Theory came up with 5 theories, each one valid)
M-theory has combined the 5.
Its interesting, these theories predict the existance of extra diamensions (M-Theory sets the number at 11).
M-Theory involves Membranes of universes, and Gravitrons travelling to other membranes through the other diamensions. (its trying to explain why gravity is so weak [we're losing some gravitron particles to these other universes])

If you can manage to get a copy, read Elegant Universe by Brian Greene

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)