• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Question about EE2 (1 Viewer)

joe_rulez37

HSC
I'm currently in year 11, (yr 12 in term 4) and I have a question about English Extension 2. Since there's no test for Extension 2 in the HSC , how does the marking work? Also, say if I get a really good mark for extension 2, (eg 49/50) and I do bad for both English Adv and English Ext 1, how will the marking work? Will the 2 unit english and extension 1 english mark still count?

J

jhakka

English Extension 2 has a major work that is counted as your external mark. This is not like Advanced and Extension 1 English, and it is the work of the entire year that will be assessed by the Board of Studies.

Extension 2, Advanced and Extension 1 English are all separate courses, and the only relation they have to each other is the fact that Advanced is a prerequisite for Extension 1, and Extension 1 and Advanced are both prerequisites for Extension 2. Also, two units of English will count towards your HSC. So, as far as I know, if you screw Advanced over, your marks for Extension 1 and 2 will be counted first.

HSC
N/A
^ Confirmed.

Your internal mark (50% of overall) is comprised of internal assessments - the Report, Viva Voce etc. Your external mark is comprised of what the board thinks of your major work (hence the phrase "marked internally as a [writing] process, and externally as a product").

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)