Question about form in belonging creative (1 Viewer)

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
So when can we use a speech form?
If they ask for a piece of "creative writing/imaginative writing" or just "writing" is it ok to do a speech instead of the typical narratives?
Or are they specifically looking for the typical format? Would I be marked down?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
As long as you incoporate the stimulus, then it is okay to do your creative writing as a speech/letter etc...

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
if you want you can draw a picture

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Story is the easiest. Usually a speech can be a major flop, and good ones are often quite hard to pull off.

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
Trust me I want to use my speech. My teacher said it was good and could get in the excellent band whereas my creatives are probably going to be high satisfactory, so I want to use my speech as much as possible.

Fiction

HSC
You should be able to use speeches. Creatives incorporate more than just the narrative form, other's include poems etc. However, like what obliviousninja has mentioned, speeches are often harder to score well in than narratives only because speeches well are usually spoken. If you use a speech, you're missing out on the aural element - which many speeches often rely heavily upon.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Trust me I want to use my speech. My teacher said it was good and could get in the excellent band whereas my creatives are probably going to be high satisfactory, so I want to use my speech as much as possible.
What's the speech about? Just out of curiosity. And no, there has never been a situation in Belonging paper 1 where they have specified that you MUST write a narrative (I checked haha), that's not to say they can't do it, but it does seem unlikely (I think they kind of like that some people try out poetry, at least it's quick to mark haha). I've seen notes from the marking centre that did reference responses that incorporated letters or speech excerpts, and candidates who chose to do poetry (...) but never anything about people writing creative speeches. It's an interesting idea that could work very well for you, it's just less 'safe' than the traditional story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)