Question (Not a Prediction) (1 Viewer)

Rand

Hey all,

Just out of interest, why is there such a great emphasis on the way the moderated marks, and UAI are calculated?

Some of my closest friends keep talking about it, and it is driving me absolutely crazy!!

A question to those who are freaking out about it, and who cant seem to talk about anything else: Can you change your assessment mark now that all assessment tasks have been completed?

The answer is NO!

So stop worrying about it...

We all have to question the intelligence of a HSC student who spends his/her time worrying about something he/she has NO control over anyway!!

As for UAI calculations and the method of calculation: We as students CANNOT change the way the UAI is calculated! So in order to get a good UAI, we must stop worrying about HOW it is calculated, and ask ourselves how we can ACHIEVE a good UAI (based on individual aims and aspirations)!

And the answer is, or should be obvious: Stop worryng and start studying.

So we should all stop worrying and start working... :)

For those who read all of my post, congratulations. :)

Hopefully you all agree with me...

P.S. This is NOT a solely UAI prediction forum, it is a forum dedicated to sharing notes and knowledge, so just buy the UAISeeker 2003 like the rest of us!!!

:chainsaw: Sorry about my crazy ranting...

Leanne

HSC
Amen! lol!

How much study do u reckon is too much study? I started studying again last week...but do u reckon that i'd burn myself out if i keep this up for the next 2 months? I just want to do the best that i can......so i can get that HIGH UAI!!!

Rand

Hmmmm, well, I think that would depend solely on the individual and his or her aspirations...

I'm aiming for minimum 5 hours a day on school days, and minimum 10 hours a day in the 3 weeks leadup to the HSC

P.S. And yes, I'm aware that I run the risk of burning out prior to the HSC, so if I feel uncomfortable with my study pattrern, I'll take a couple of days off. :) :)

Im planning to not study in the 3 days beforre the first English exam :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Leanne
Amen! lol!

How much study do u reckon is too much study? I started studying again last week...but do u reckon that i'd burn myself out if i keep this up for the next 2 months? I just want to do the best that i can......so i can get that HIGH UAI!!!
i don't think that's too much, i think as it gets closer, we'll get more into it because it will be closer to the end.. well i hope so anyway

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
just 2 defend all of us out there who have asked for a uai prediction...

first of all im too povo to buy the uai seeker so i need somewhere that i can get an idea of what sought of uai i might get, if u have no idea what uai u r goin 2 get then you cannot apply for uni courses that truly match ur ability- dont forget that this forum is called HSC HELP, so if ppl need help predicting their uai and those like laz and cyph are happy to give predictions, then what is the big deal?????

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I think your post is flawed on a number of different levels, imsooverskool. :)

Originally posted by imsooverskool
those like laz and cyph are happy to give predictions
:rolleyes:

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
ok yeh it is flawed but what the hell i dont like people who whinge and laz u r helpful if u dont like doing then why do u?

Leanne

HSC
i've set myself to do 4 hours study a day....well i did 3 and a half today....but i'm tired.......yeah i'm going to do about 10 hours a day during the holidays too....going away for the long w/e tho with my boyfriends family.....so that will be my break!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I regards to the first post. I totally agree. Except people procrastinate by spend time takin' and worry. :D

Smartie87

HSC
personally i dont understand how ppl 'burn out'. The worst thing i ever did was stop studying for a break after the trials... now i cant get back into it no matter how hard i try!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)