QUESTION: Science & Communication Course (1 Viewer)

Narelle

HSC
I'm currently in year 12, I love science and I love english as well.

(I do advanced and extension english... and biology, chemistry and physics)

I was really excited when I heard about the combined science and communication course because it sounds like something I'd really enjoy doing.

I know your career shouldn't be just about the money, but my parents are worried that jobs with the degree wont get great salary...

Anyway... yeah I was just wondering how people doing the course are finding it, if they're enjoying it or if thats what they've expected.

Does anyone have anymore info on what the course can offer -or jobs and salary (I've already been on the UNSW website and the scom link)

Should I just do science and arts?... that seems sort of similar and good substitute

... I don't know... HELP

Last edited:

inasero

Reborn
HSC
You should try out the "Problem Solving and Communication in Science" course at USYD cos it sounds like just the course for you. It's counted towards one unit of your HSC (not UAI) so you can do it in year 11 even, and also counts for 6credit points of your degree, which means you shave a little time off your timetable when you enter uni.

Otherwise, thinking in terms of future prospects, society always requires accurate journalism regarding advances in the scientific field, something which Dr. Karl or Adam Spencer seem to do seamlessly...you might wanna consider BCommunications in Science at Usyd as it covers both of your passions for english and science. Anyhows, if you need more info feel free to PM me or alternatively, you can also ask another board member by the name of "kimmeh" and I'm sure she'd be more than willing to help regarding the 1-unit course...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)