• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Question time... (1 Viewer)

5233andy

HSC
Hey folks, I have a relatively silly question, however, please satisfy my senses by replying with relevant information, not wanky comments.

My question is as follows:

Jobseeker A: BCom from USYD
Jobseeker B: BCom from MQ
Jobseeker C: BA from [Insert Uni] + MCom from USYD

Say for all of the above, they majored in the same/on par subjects in their commerce degrees. Which employee would an employer rather?

Is a Masters degree less attractive than a Bachelor degree?

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Hey folks, I have a relatively silly question, however, please satisfy my senses by replying with relevant information, not wanky comments.

My question is as follows:

Jobseeker A: BCom from USYD
Jobseeker B: BCom from MQ
Jobseeker C: BA from [Insert Uni] + MCom from USYD

Say for all of the above, they majored in the same/on par subjects in their commerce degrees. Which employee would an employer rather?

Is a Masters degree less attractive than a Bachelor degree?
Some employeers don't like the idea of people who have done masters without any work experience - I'd go for the masters though.

LordPc

HSC
if you dont want a silly answer, dont ask a silly question, or something along those lines

what kind of employer are we walking about here? is the major directly related to the job?

if so, wouldnt think there would be much difference. post grad courses are usually the equivalent of 3rd/4th year courses right? so they are about the same, bachelor has just had more build up courses, which are probably not extremely important

hotdimsim

HSC
depends more on the job they are going for, relevant work experience and good list of references. tbh an employer will treat experience as a larger factor than of you have a masters/bachelor and what uni you went to.

and, correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought most masters degrees (like comm) required a minimum amount of work in the industry as a pre-req. if this is true, then id go the masters (regardless of it was usyd or not)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)