• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

question (2 Viewers)

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
Which of the following legal aspects of employment relations is designed to protect an employee from being dismissed due to a physical disability?

A Unfair dismissal
B Anti-discrimination
C Equal Employment Opportunity
D Occupational Health and Safety

the answer is anti-discrimination(why?)

whats unfair dismissal for?

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Happened to have my business textbook on my computer desk. So, according to the first paragraph of the anti-discrimination section in the text book - "...treating one person less favourably than another person because of some particualr characteristic. These...might be race, sex, marital status, pregnancy....family responsibilities or disability". Thats the reason why.

As for unfair dismissal it is when "...an employee's dismissal is harsh, unjust or unreasonable". So therefore in this question, both are probably correct, but anti-discrimination is more correct than unfair dismissal. If you get what i mean.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i think the key word there is legal.. there is an anti discrimination act but there isnt any unfair dismissal act.. i think unfair dismissal falls more under ethical than legal

superbird

HSC
unfair dismissal falls under the Workplace Relations Act, or may be related to a state-specifc law.
therefore, there is a legal act for it.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Pretty much as they said, it is a legal issue. and unfair dismissal is more of an ethical issue. so anti-discrimination is the more correct answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)