Questions about marks (1 Viewer)

ajaxandacme

HSC
Just a few random questions.

a) I got 50 in the external HSC and 48 in the internal. I know that this is because I came equal first in the course with another person. But the other person says that she 'thinks' she got 48 and 48. Is the Board of Studies wrong or is my friend trying to save face? (I'm thinking she must've got 46 and 48)

b) 95 exam in 4 unit maths equates to how much of a raw mark? 91 exam in English Advanced equates to what of a raw mark? It's just that there's such a big discrepancy between my exam and my internals. I dunno, maybe i just screwed the exams, but I finished the 4U paper. I got 113/120 in my trials, which was 3rd in my grade but HSC is a whole different story. Is it worth getting the clerical recheck for $14/$26? Or should I use the money for better purposes, e.g. watching Avatar in 3D?

(Well, I'm putting in a FOI application so we'll see)

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Just a few random questions.

a) I got 50 in the external HSC and 48 in the internal. I know that this is because I came equal first in the course with another person. But the other person says that she 'thinks' she got 48 and 48. Is the Board of Studies wrong or is my friend trying to save face? (I'm thinking she must've got 46 and 48)
Most likely, she's either forgotten or not telling you the truth, I'd say. Unless your class has somehow triggered one of the Board's special moderation procedures, you're probably right about 46 and 48.

azsakura

HSC
if you got a good atar or at least enough to get into what you wanna do.
who cares, go watch AVATAR in 3D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)