• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Questions galore (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
ok people i got questions as always. please read and answer

well basically i am doing busniess computing course.

and i decided ill do all the business subjects first and then IT.

i read this

Changes to the Bachelor of Business Core The Core of the Bachelor of Business for new students in 2006 has changed as follows:
26134 Business Statistics replaces subject 26133 Business Information Analysis,
21193 Introduction to Corporate Strategy subject name changed to Business Strategy,
25300 Fundamentals of Business Finance becomes part of the Compulsory Core,
21128 International Business moved from the Elective Core to the International Business Major.

so my first question is should i do 26133 Business Information Analysis,
next semester as it wont be offered anymore after that, becuase it changes to another subject. or can i just do the other subject?

also it sais i need to complete 25300 Fundamentals of Business Finance, before i can do the accounting major. its in the core business subjects

can i do a subject from accoutning major at the same time i do that business core subject?

also when are we getting exam results?

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i got this email .

do i need to do Business Info Analysis next semester or what?

the wieerd thing is that i cant see this subject in the handbook.

Dear Student,

It is noted that you still have Business Information Analysis (26133) as
"Planned" on your Study Plan.

Please be advised that this subject is only offered in Autumn and Spring
2006; and will be discontinued post 2006.

You are required to enrol and complete this subject by Spring 2006.

Regards,

Faculty of Business
University of Technology, Sydney

Last edited:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
As far as I know, because you're in the pre-2006 course, you are still allowed to do 26133 Business Information Analysis, but you have to do it next year (so anyone who enrolled pre-2006 is able to continue under their old course structure). I believe you might be allowed to enrol into 26134 Business Statistics if you want, but you'll have to ask. Either way, I wouldn't worry too much, as if you've noticed via the timetables, they are both on at exactly the same time, which leads me to believe that they will teach both subjects in the same lectures/tutorials.

You HAVE to do BOTH 25300 Fundamentals of Business Finance and 22207 Accounting Transactions and Business Decisions to do the Accounting major. You have no choice in this. Basically, it's just saying that now EVERYONE has to do 25300 as part of their core subjects, and then they can choose between 22207 and 21193 only.

If you meet the prerequisites, then you can do the Accounting major subjects. If you've done 22207 (ATBD) and 79203 (Business Law and Ethics), you'll find you can do Accounting for Business Combinations, Cost Management Systems, Applied Company Law and Taxation Law. The other 4, you will need some of these subjects as prerequisites, as well as 25300.

Well try web enrolling first with all these changes. If you can't, then you'll have to ask the admin people. I'd personally complete all the core subjects first before moving into your major though.

Exam results are out on Wednesday 21st December.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
jasee said:
As far as I know, because you're in the pre-2006 course, you are still allowed to do 26133 Business Information Analysis, but you have to do it next year (so anyone who enrolled pre-2006 is able to continue under their old course structure). I believe you might be allowed to enrol into 26134 Business Statistics if you want, but you'll have to ask. Either way, I wouldn't worry too much, as if you've noticed via the timetables, they are both on at exactly the same time, which leads me to believe that they will teach both subjects in the same lectures/tutorials.

You HAVE to do BOTH 25300 Fundamentals of Business Finance and 22207 Accounting Transactions and Business Decisions to do the Accounting major. You have no choice in this. Basically, it's just saying that now EVERYONE has to do 25300 as part of their core subjects, and then they can choose between 22207 and 21193 only.

If you meet the prerequisites, then you can do the Accounting major subjects. If you've done 22207 (ATBD) and 79203 (Business Law and Ethics), you'll find you can do Accounting for Business Combinations, Cost Management Systems, Applied Company Law and Taxation Law. The other 4, you will need some of these subjects as prerequisites, as well as 25300.

Well try web enrolling first with all these changes. If you can't, then you'll have to ask the admin people. I'd personally complete all the core subjects first before moving into your major though.

Exam results are out on Wednesday 21st December.
yeh the thing is i am doing the 25300 Fundamentals of Business Finance next semester and i already done accounting transactions and busines sdecisions, but i want to start my major simultaneasly , on the same semester as i doing 25300 Fundamentals of Business Finance . can i do that. or do i have to first learn it and then start major next semester

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
enrol in BIA, if you read the email it says that you should only enrol in business stats if you're new to the course. Same goes for fundamentals of business finance becoming a core.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)