• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

quick belonging text (1 Viewer)

rawrgasmic

HSC
heya
i've just found out that i can't use one of my texts for belonging cuz we wer told not too and me being the idiot that i am didn't hear.
ok so can anybody suggest a text at can be read/watched in under an hr or so? thanks

N

Nicola1616

Try "Unaccustomed Earth" by Jhumpa Lahiri. It's short stories so perfect if you are in a hurry and is great for belonging. Also it's a newish release and the no one New York Times Best Seller for 2008/9 so any good book store would have it - I got it just a few months ago in Glebe. Good luck - you'll love it!

"is the underlying theme of Jhumpa Lahiri’s sensitive new collection of stories, “Unaccustomed Earth.” Here, as in her first collection, “Interpreter of Maladies,” and her novel, “The Namesake,” Lahiri, who is of Bengali descent but was born in London, raised in Rhode Island and today makes her home in Brooklyn, shows that the place to which you feel the strongest attachment isn’t necessarily the country you’re tied to by blood or birth: it’s the place that allows you to become yourself. This place, she quietly indicates, may not lie on any map."

From the New York Times for you!

lychnobity

HSC
Flowers for Algernon - Daniel Keyes

About an intellectuality handicapped person who gets a brain operation, becomes super smart, then becomes dumb again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)