• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Quite worried!!! (1 Viewer)

psyche

Hey guys...sorry to bother ya...

...but after this yrs uni results came out i was really worried for my subject selection... (cos i'm aspiring to do med at UNSW)...

So I was just wonderin if i could get a sort of poll for the ppl doin 4 Unit subjects and the sort of UAI they got for it...

Cos..I do :
3U Maths
3U English
2U Ancient History, Ext History
2U Chem, 2U Phys

So yeah...as u can c i hav no 4 u subjects at all...so any help on that would be greatly appreciated... :) ..thx ppl in advance!!!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
At my school a girl got a UAI of 100 with

3u English
3u Maths
Chemistry
Japanese Continuers

My girlfriend got in to medicine (with a high 98 UAI) at New South with

3u English
3u Maths
Biology
Visual Arts

To get into New South you need a high 98+ then a decent UMAT and interview, you don't need extension 2 subjects, so dont worry =)

psyche

Cool...well my estimate's at 98.25...so i go a fair way to go yet...

Thanks a lot...

btw...(ur not a ruse guy r ya?...cos i am :/ )...

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Yeah, I'm Shane if you know me.

Oh, and with estimates, mine went up by 13 UAI points from the one I got at the end of year 11. At Ruse you're really going to feel the pressure in regards to extension subjects, but to be honest despite 4u maths excellent scaling it won't do you much good if you spend hours on it yet don't feel that you can get a high result. Enjoy yourself while you can and don't stress (too much). :uhhuh:

Last edited:

psyche

Yeah...Shane P....yeh?...the guitar player (or am i wrong...lol)..

Yeah my UAI bumped up from 88 from the yr 11 yrly to 98 in the very next assessment so yea i kno it can happen...but the thing is...statistically u c only 4 unit ppl gettin those friggin high UAI's...

Plebeian

psyche said:
Hey guys...sorry to bother ya...

...but after this yrs uni results came out i was really worried for my subject selection... (cos i'm aspiring to do med at UNSW)...

So I was just wonderin if i could get a sort of poll for the ppl doin 4 Unit subjects and the sort of UAI they got for it...

Cos..I do :
3U Maths
3U English
2U Ancient History, Ext History
2U Chem, 2U Phys

So yeah...as u can c i hav no 4 u subjects at all...so any help on that would be greatly appreciated... :) ..thx ppl in advance!!!
I did the same subjects as you, except I did do 4U Maths instead of Extension English. I got 99.90. Those subjects are definitely good enough, if you put sufficient work in. Good luck!

lala2

Banned
HSC
our school won't let us haev uai estimates ever beacuse they think if they predict too low, it'll discourage us, and if it's too high, we'll slack off. besides, if they predict us too low, we might get a nice surprise! :D. competition kills in our school, so it's better to have everyone think if they just pass, they might actually get 60s state-wise.

School marks of people with UAI > 95

To all the people who got uai's greater than 95 ( or real high), i was wondering what types of marks did you get on your assignments and school assessments? Some particular ones or what you got roughly, was there a mixture of high and low or did you get consistant A's?

Thanks.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
codereder said:
To all the people who got uai's greater than 95 ( or real high), i was wondering what types of marks did you get on your assignments and school assessments? Some particular ones or what you got roughly, was there a mixture of high and low or did you get consistant A's?

Thanks.
You wouldn't happen to be theassassin9999 who made a thread asking the exact same question would you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)