• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Rate my thesis! (1 Viewer)

Avoodibaba

HSC
Thesis: Any sense of belonging can combat and repel an overwhelming sense of disconnection or oppression.

Sounds like a no brainer, but the meaning behind it in relation to my core text Romulus, My Father is that even if one experiences not belonging in any part of their life it will not overwhelm them if they have even the smallest thing to belong to. eg. When Romulus is rejected by Lidia he is hit by a sense of not belonging that is so strong that it shakes the foundations of his beliefs, but through his connection to Raimond, his heritage, his morals and friends such as Hora, he eventually overcomes this and is not doomed. However, Christine and Mitru both comit suicide because they have alienated themselves from everyone they love through their betrayal (especially Christine who attempts to connect with both Raimond and Romulus but is rejected by both), thus they have no senses of belonging to anything.

It also fits into my related texts, A Clockwork Orange(Self-belonging > oppression & exclusion) and Invincible (Group & self belonging > Oppression and Doubt), although i CBF to go into detail with them because i'm too lazy, as evident through the fact that i'm planning my essays a week before the HSC :)

Please rate, and if necessary gimmeh feedback!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)