Real Estate (1 Viewer)

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
how is the real estate industry at the moment?

thinking of doing
B Business (Property) at uws
or
B Property Economics at uts

but i heard ders gonna be no more jobs in around 5 years time

Hoplite

HSC
That's BS.

Anyway, if you have a good knowledge of property and markets than you don't need to work for anyone but yourself if you have the guts.

Read some of Robert Kiyosaki's stuff.

jayz

walking
LOL, rich dad...firstly i guess u have to hav the initial capital to invest b4 anything else.

as wif the property market, i am quiet interested in it myself...as we all noe, properties can only appreciate in value in the long term (scarcity of land), but atm...interest rate is playn a major role...plus ppl r sayn the market is going through a down turn in the business cycle and no one really noes how low it's gonna get, in addition wif the 1st of july deadline for new "investor's tax", i reckon the prices for close to 50k houses will vary greatly...

but even if it does fall, it's still impossible for a poor man lyk meself to buy a property, in fact i don't fink many current youth (i.e. 18-26) will b able to afford the initial payment on the loan of an avg priced house wif out help from their parents...sigh

as to the unemployment thingo....tat's rubbish...as long as there is a property market (which will always b the case) job numbers will however vary, but never deminish :D

toisthbe

Evil Member
what you just said meant nothin to anyone. @jayz

definately b-property economics at uts. only if you're really really interested in it, not cause the money.
i have some friends doing it, they said they do assignments like taking pictures of houses lol.

jayz

walking
...i was merely disscussing the market outlook for the property market, apologise if i misled anyone

as to rich dad, it's a novel written by rober kyosaki

alman

on the note of property, i think the house prices around newtown/erskineville have really gone through the roof...i think im going to have to wait till at least next year for a place to get

jayz

walking
haha, i fink john t.reed is a BIT paranoid, lol

of course u can agree to everything rich dads says, and u hav to admit, a best seller novel doesn't always equate to best read novel

on the matter of property, not sure abt erskienville, but certainly every single apartment/(possilbly) house in inner west r over valued/priced/supplied, it's much better sticking to renting than digging ur way into negative gearing atm.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Real Estate is supposed 2 be good money...
I plan 2 learn about this myself in the near future...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)